Menu

May I request prayer for some job-related items?

eaglei

May I request prayer for some job-related items?

1. I got a part time job! Started last week. Library assistant. Am enjoying it a great deal! (My background is library work - but it is dated. The last time I worked in a public library, patrons handwrote their names on the card for every book/item they signed out. Later, in tech services, I did cataloging and did not work with circulation).

Need prayer:

-- that I will learn all the technology aspects in a timely fashion - and learn them well (this includes, but is not limited to, faxing, kindle/ebook service, wifi, wii, even the multiple-line phone[!], etc.)

-- particularly, the various procedures for the circulation desk computers;

-- the use of the pc’s - I have used pc’s but am more familiar with Mac’s (what it takes a Mac one or two steps to do, it seems to take those pc’s four or five or more steps to accomplish);

-- tomorrow I close myself (not technically, but almost - the director will be in a meeting in another part of the building and available if needed; there are several steps and I have my notes in writing - don’t want to miss anything and don’t want to need help with shutting down the various equipment);

-- Monday I open myself (again, not technically, but almost - the director will be in her office if I run into a problem, which I prefer not to do!);

-- that’s all I can think of right now...

2. Due to the economy, dh is facing unemployment in a couple months. Need wisdom, guidance, direction - a JOB!

To all who will pray - Thank You! I/We need as much prayer as possible!

I will try to update at some point with the answers to prayer. :)

I am not on the computer long these days! Well, except for the Book-a-Week Thread! :)

Thank you for praying! Closing tonight went very well. I thoroughly enjoyed the time *alone* - just patrons and the chance to do what needed done at a learner's pace . . .

PLEASE keep praying - had to learn two new systems (technology) today, and more coming . . . Also, dh's job coming to an end soon - need wisdom, guidance - a JOB for him.

Thank you!