Menu

52 weeks to an organized home: January Daily 15 minute missions - Days 8 & 9

shanvan

FYI: This thread is a spin off of the 52 Weeks to an Organized Home thread where people were originally posting if they joined. More info and links are in the first post on the original thread.

I thought we could try to post what we have accomplished with the related daily decluttering lists here, even if you aren't strictly following them (which I am not). So feel free to post even if you decide to veer off course a little.

Link to January 15 Minute Missions

Missions for the last couple of days (I didn't post yesterday):

Day 8 - Declutter small kitchen appliances - done

Day 9 - Clear off kitchen counters - still working, but almost done

I had a rough day today. Had to take one of the dogs to the vet and run to the grocery store which took up a lot of my extra time today.

I did organize my cookbooks (which I keep on the counter) and I put away all of the vitamins (now I need to clean out the medicine/vitamin cabinet b/c clearly we have expired items and things we don't even use anymore in there).

I put away the blender b/c I'm not using it regularly anymore. It's in a lower cabinet, so it's still available if I need it.

Tomorrow I'm going to check again to see if I can find new homes for more of the things on the counter. I'm debating finding a new place for the mail holder I keep there. I'm not sure it is necessary. Certain things I just like having readily available, so I want them out --like the juicer and my Kitchen Aide Mixer (who wants to lug that out and put it away every time they use it?)

How is everyone else doing?

I am green with envy that so many of you are all caught up. I still have to go back and complete a couple of 'missions' from earlier this week. I want to scream b/c I put a hold on extracurriculars for a while and still I'm having trouble finding time for organizing, cleaning, exercising--you know, all those things that aren't school.

I finished 8 & 9 earlier this week. I am loving my kitchen right now. I've also implemented new rules about leaving the table without helping to clean up. Everyone is working together, and I don't dread walking into the kitchen each day. I've still got a lot to do (I can't find specific recipes to save my life!) but I can't wait to see how much better everything else looks as we continue.

My small appliances were already decluttered.

My counters can't be decluttered. I wish they could be, but they can't. I have a small kitchen with very little storage. Yesterday I decluttered my kitchen floor. I had boxes filled with food stuff tossed in there higgedly piggedly on the floor. Yesterday we put in metal shelving and got all the food stuff on the shelves. Yay! I wish there was room for all of the supplements that live on my counters but there isn't. In my defense, they are in stacking plastic organizer bins.