Menu

Quick quilting question..

Unicorn.

Say that three times fast! I bought the fabric to make my quilt squares, and was about to throw it in the wash, but the label says not to pre-wash, only to wash the finished product. I thought you were supposed to pre-wash in case of shrinkage? I'm also planning on having dd paint something on one of the squares, and shouldn't I wash to get rid of any sizing before painting?

Remember how the topic gets heated when we talk about food stamps? That's how quilters are when the topic of prewashing or not comes up. Choose whatever you want...there's no real right or wrong. FLDebbie said it perfectly- I was when the fabric is likely to bleed, which is pretty rare these days.

Don't pre wash!

I say this with confidence :lol:

If we are making squares for you then you do not want it pre washed? (In my very limited quilting experience I have not pre washed either) I will do whatever you wish. :)

I would follow the label. I do not prewash strips or charm squares but I often prewash things with bright colors. I also use starch before I cut fabric, hopefully that does not cause anyone anguish.

I'm a starch user so you won't be alone if starch causes anguish.g