Menu

TMI girl stuff. Got home from OB/gyn appt............

Joanne

For a long overdue well woman check and IUD (Mirena) removal. I was very, very concerned because the insertion (7? or so years ago) was awful (I fainted from the pain).

Removal was a non issue.

The most painful part was the weigh in. ;)

I am going to make a(nother) lose weight plan, give it 3 months post IUD and, if nothing dramatic happens, do consults for bariatric surgery.

I read 7? as 79 and had three quick thoughts in succession. First was that you don't look nearly that old. Then, it doesn't seem healthy to have that in for that long. Finally, wait...they weren't around 79 years ago. Sigh. Time for a nap. That's what I get for letting a 3yo kick me all night.

I'm glad it wasn't painful though!

My mom had a gastric bypass 11 years ago. She had wonderful results.

If the iud did have hormones, a 3 month wait is a good idea. I went off the pill in October and have lost 15 pounds. I truly think the hormones were to blame. And my headaches have all but disappeared, an added bonus.

Good luck to you, Joanne!

I was only with an IUD for about two months in the spring and was trying to lose weight, but only maintained at best. I was moody and had terrible acne. It was like being pregnant, which hello! Is not what I wanted to feel like anymore. Then a few months after it was taken out I noticed my hair was falling out at an accelerated rate, much like after having a baby. Weight loss has finally been progressing again. I think you may have some luck now...though it may take longer than 3 months. I'd say give it 6 months.