Menu

Headaches ...

Luanne

Does anyone else on here get frequent headaches? I've had a headache for the past 4-5 days now. I've tried sleeping it off, taking ibuprofen, and just laying in the dark. Sometimes I get migraines, but this one is just a bad normal kind of headache that just won't go away. :(

I get migraines right before AF each month as well as near daily regular headaches, sometimes I take something for the pain sometimes not. It started after I had my 4th, and I had a CT that came back clear. The thought is that they are from stress. Stress does affect my other health problems so I would not be surprised. I can go through periods of a week or more without headaches but then they are back. I am forever telling my kids to be quiet due to my headaches. Dr has told me I need to get massages to deal with them but motrin is much much cheaper.

The only thing that works for my headaches is Motrin extra strength gel caps. It does not work for everyone but regular ibuprophen for me is like trying to put out a fire with spit.

If this headache is different from your other ones get checked. My kids had an illness before xmas, a virus of some sort and the main symptom was headache for nearly a week, along with the icky feeling and sleeping a lot.

Just a thought--don't assume these aren't migraines, too. My whole life I've gotten headaches that lasted days and did not respond to otc meds, but it never occurred to me that they were migraines until they became debilitating over the last 6 months. Neurologist says they are migraines; migraines take a wide variety of forms.

All that to say that I would definitely see a doctor. Maybe migraine meds will help with this, too.