Menu

One more cat question?

Alicia64

I'd like to buy a cat tree. And I'm either finding cardboard with some carpet glued on -- ie. junk or I'm finding $1,000 cat tress with ficus leaves coming out the top which of course is way outside of the budget.

If you loved your cat tree -- or at least it's not falling apart. Can you share the brand name?

Thank you for all your help. So far on the cat toy question the laser pointer and cat dancer won! I'm trying to keep in mind that the laser can frustrate my cat so I've instructed my kids to play w/ the cat w/ a real toy at the end of the laser session.

Thank you everyone!

Alley

The best ones we've had have been homemade.

The absolute best was in a room that had a loft room/balcony -- dh just put in a huge post that went from the ground floor to the loft, and then covered the entire thing with cheap carpet.

Are you looking for a scratching surface? Because our cats like those flat ones on the floor that are filled with corrugated cardboard. If you're looking for a way for them to climb a bit, we've had one like this http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3979237&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo for years and years -- it's about the height of some of our windows. The rats like it, too -- they climb it to get to the window, or hide stuff in the "caves".

The best ones we've had have been homemade.

The absolute best was in a room that had a loft room/balcony -- dh just put in a huge post that went from the ground floor to the loft, and then covered the entire thing with cheap carpet.

Are you looking for a scratching surface? Because our cats like those flat ones on the floor that are filled with corrugated cardboard. If you're looking for a way for them to climb a bit, we've had one like this http://www.petsmart....NotAvailInUS/No for years and years -- it's about the height of some of our windows. The rats like it, too -- they climb it to get to the window, or hide stuff in the "caves".

Well, I'm looking for something with height so he can climb up and look at the trees, birds, squirrels etc.

The link you sent says it's not available anymore. Darn because I jumped on it!

Alley

I have to check with DH later on, but we are very very happy with the one we got. He did get it on line somewhere, I just don't remember the name of the company. This thing we bought is built SOLID, and good quality materials, and it's HUGE; way way less $$ than anything we found in pet stores/online chains though.

There's also a guy on Ebay that makes tall scratching posts for a great price (posts should be 32" high). If you want, I can get you the information from Dh for both of these and post it later.

~coffee~