Menu

52 weeks to an organized home: January Daily 15 minute missions - Day 7

shanvan

FYI: This thread is a spin off of the 52 Weeks to an Organized Home thread where people were originally posting if they joined. More info and links are in the first post on the original thread.

I thought we could try to post what we have accomplished with the related daily decluttering lists here, even if you aren't strictly following them (which I am not). So feel free to post even if you decide to veer off course a little.

Today's mission was:

Day 7 - Read Organized Home Challenge Week #1: Kitchen Counters

Apologies to anyone I may have confused. The daily tasks I have been posting are called 15 minute missions and they are separate from the weekly challenges. I just hadn't noticed!

I am so thankful all I had to do was read it! No time today for completing any kind of decluttering. It was our first day back to schoolwork, and , of course, nothing went as planned! But, I did read the challenge and we also did almost all of the tasks from the Motivated Moms app I downloaded last night.

Tonight is one of those nights I am really thankful that there is an end to the day! How is everyone else doing?

I kinda did that as I worked on days 5 and 6. I redid the countertop organization and got rid of some cabinet stuff to make room for more-important countertop stuff. It's working well for us. And I can say I've done days 7-9 now! :coolgleamA: Now, if I could only find my living room floor, we might be getting somewhere! :glare:

I'm caught up. Tomorrow is going to be a big day as I need to move our bill paying center into another room and return some stuff to my brother. It's been sitting on my counter for awhile. I don't have a kitchen table to clear so I think the counters will bleed into the next day too.

I think weekly would work. Monthly might get too long.

If everyone wants to switch to weekly, that's great. I don't know if I can really devote the necessary time for the daily missions currently anyway. I'd like to, but I've got other priorities that are taking up my time right now, so my kitchen declutter is probably going to be put on hold. It would most likely get to be depressing to me to see my constant posts of "didn't get to this today..." over and over! :lol:

Well, here's the link to the weekly thread I posted this week Sunday for week 1: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/447927-52-weeks-to-an-organized-home-challenge—week-1-check-in/

In the original thread I had promised to post weekly threads and hope to stick to that. I've tagged it organization, decluttering, challenge, and am putting which week it is in the thread title.

Erica in OR