Menu

What are sparkpeople?

Yes - you can join! I love Sparkpeople.com - I am currently on a sister site - babyfit.sparkpeople.com. All you do is go to the website and follow the directions. They give you meal plans if you want or you can put in your own to track calories. They tell you how many calories you are allowed to eat in order to hit your goal that you provided them. Then they give you workouts - so on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday - you need to burn x amount of calories.. and then they give you weight lifting workouts on other days. There is a recipe calculator so you figure out some of those "old time" recipes how many calories you are actually eating. Lots of resources!

I hope this helps!

Tribemama

Spark People is great! What is not great is that I see (the mirror is held to my face) to see that I live in a fantasy about what I put in my mouth. I am a (mellowed -out)Type A personality...if the spark site says I am over my calorie limit, I actually have taken food off of my food log. OK, that is embarrassing. But the good thing about it is, I now see that I am a liar, liar pants on fire. lol

Hopefully, the old adage that you have to admit it first, before you change is right and I will start changing my fatty food intake and denial.

Spark People is great! What is not great is that I see (the mirror is held to my face) to see that I live in a fantasy about what I put in my mouth. I am a (mellowed -out)Type A personality...if the spark site says I am over my calorie limit, I actually have taken food off of my food log. OK, that is embarrassing. But the good thing about it is, I now see that I am a liar, liar pants on fire. lol

Hopefully, the old adage that you have to admit it first, before you change is right and I will start changing my fatty food intake and denial.

Shame on you. :001_smile:

I will have you to know that even after I tallied up my totals for yesterday I did not give in to the temptation to "unadmit" to the leftover mashed potatoes with cheddar cheese topping that I microwaved for breakfast yesterday. I left those calorie laden cheesy potatoes right there on the nutrition chart.

I also left them right there on my big gut. :glare:

But I am doing better today, since I felt so guilty yesterday.

It is like this message board, except the "rep" is more fun because you can give people pictures!!! And your virtual water glass splashes over after 8 cups! Okay, there is more then that... You're supposed to eat for your good health and exercise too. :D I've been a member almost a month now...please come join! I'm 5wolfcubs there also.