Menu

X-post: Stickied Thread on High School Board now completely re-linked!!

Outsourcing, Online Classes, Tutors, Dual Enrollment, Testing, etc. -- the post with mega links to past threads on all these high school topics has now been completely re-linked (new Board format broke all links), and updated with some additional great recent threads. Enjoy!

You are wonderful.

Holy cow! Quick off-topic question: how did you find the correct pages? I came across a broken (updated) link in an old post, and couldn't figure out how to find the right page -- is there any easy way to do this?

Holy cow! Quick off-topic question: how did you find the correct pages? I came across a broken (updated) link in an old post, and couldn't figure out how to find the right page -- is there any easy way to do this?

No. It was slow and painful. Frankly, unless I'm missing something, the search function on the new board is virtually useless, other than finding threads by a particular person. :(

I was only able to do it because I had (thankfully!) listed each thread by the original subject title. I went to Google, typed: "Well-Trained Mind Forums, ______________" with the blank being the subject title. And I stumbled through a number of missteps, because without the hyphen between "Well" and "Trained", and without "Forums", I wasn't finding much. With all those elements in place, I was able to eventually find all but 3 threads.

So, if you come up against broken links in threads and the thread title is listed, you stand a chance of finding the thread linked. Otherwise, almost all hope is lost...