Menu

Anyone know of good online support places for writers?

lailasmum

I have a friend who has been writing articles and stories for the last year or so (and longer but in a less focused way). She has had a few articles published on line in places like The Conversation but is sort of floundering now and feels like she could do with some community with which to share her work and get some feedback. She has a full time job at the moment but would like to earn money from writing eventually. Everything she has published so far has been unpaid and I think at the moment she would welcome any opportunities to write and just hone her skills and get feedback. She writes a lot of self help/ relationship/ lifestyle/ personal experiences themed stuff. Anyone have any ideas that I can pass on to her? Websites/forums that might give her a bit of a community/support? I have heard of support groups for creative women but nothing like that exists in our area so something like that online might be good.