Menu

A Young People's Story of Our Heritage

melmac

We used several of these on our first pass through history when my daughter was in 7th and 8th grade.

Have you heard of A Child's History of the World (CHOW) by Hillyer? This series is by the same author. The books are in a larger format and it is multi-volume but as I recall fairly similar to CHOW. My library happened to have these books; since I was on a budget we used them (along with a boatload of other books) and found them fine for our purposes.

I'd suggest seeing if your library has them. If not, perhaps you could request them through inter-library loan.

Regards,

Kareni

Isn't there anyone familliar with these books? :confused:

I sold my set a few years ago, but as I recall the books removed the questionable parts of CHOW (calling Orientals "the yellow man", etc.) and added some neat black and white photographs.

I think the text was pretty much the same though. I don't know that you would use it after using CHOW, there's just not enough new information there. I didn't like the tone of CHOW so used them in lieu of CHOW.