Menu

Quick! Favorite documentary on Netflix

AlmiraGulch

"Food Beware: The French Organic Revolution" is great and shows how differently people parent and interact with children in rural France.

"Kindergarten" by Zhang Yiqing is also amazing. It documents a year in the life of a BOARDING Preschool/Kindergarten. Yes, BOARDING SCHOOL. The children area

there week days only, but start around the age of three. Again, such a different take on how children are parented/taught. While they were filming 9/11 happened and the crew was able to interview the children on what they thought happened, why it happened, and how the US responds to it.

"Finding Sugarman" is suppose to be great.

"Being Elmo" is great but might be a little heart breaking right now

"Dogs Decoded" is facinating

"An Inconvienet Truth" is great

"Paris is Burning" is a moment in time documentary. I'd love for there to be a follow up to it.

"The Calling" is about a handful of people all in the process of becoming religous leaders for many different religions.

"Jazz" by Ken Burns is up there, but I can't find "The War", which is also by him. "The War" will change your understanfing of WW2 profoundly.

One I really want to see is "The Art of Rap" by Ice T.

"Kindergarten" by Zhang Yiqing is also amazing. It documents a year in the life of a BOARDING Preschool/Kindergarten. Yes, BOARDING SCHOOL. The children area

there week days only, but start around the age of three. Again, such a different take on how children are parented/taught. While they were filming 9/11 happened and the crew was able to interview the children on what they thought happened, why it happened, and how the US responds to it.

Is this one available on Netflix? I don't see it on there, and it sounds great. I'd love to watch it. :)

A State of Mind

Vote for Me

Both these are excellent and very interesting. My dc liked them, too, and we had some wonderful discussions about the content.

Michael Palin has unique travel documentaries that are different from most. Pole to Pole is a trip from the north pole to the south pole. Around the World in 80 Days is also interesting because he follows the route in the book using only transportation available during that era. Himalaya is traveling across the Himalayas. Sahara is a trip across the Sahara desert. My dh and dc enjoyed these series.