Menu

Time for another round of "Would You Eat This?" Is it the first of the new year??? LOL

ereks mom

We ran out of time to make our butter cookies, so the dough--homemade & containing self-rising flour, sugar, vanilla, fresh eggs (from my sister's chickens), and real butter--was kept refrigerated for 7 days and then moved to the freezer, where it has been stored for 3 days.

Would you use it?

No, I gave myself food poisoning one time from eating cookie dough stored too long before cooking. Think it was only five days, but it was too long. Thank goodness I ate most of the cookies and no one else got sick.malthough I got dehydrated enough to spend 4 hours in the ER. Now I am always super careful with cookie dough.

A week in the fridge is my outside limit for sugar cookie dough.

I'm pretty conservative on these things. I would probably use the dough but NOT let it warm to room temperature before baking. Slice it cold and keep it cold in the fridge between pans. You may get odd shaped cookies, but better safe than sorry.

And of course if they smell or feel "off", then toss it all.