Menu

Old style url vs. new style url

boscopup

I was looking for a specific thread today, and I found a reference to it in another thread, but it's the old style link, which you previously were rerouting to the new style links, but now you've killed the old style links completely. Any chance you'll turn back on the rerouting of the old style links? Pretty please? Anything anyone has bookmarked will now not work.

Yes, please turn it back on! This also affects the ability to search the forum with Google (since the Search box above doesn't find expected results). We're temporarily hampered from searching until that Search box works, or Google updates its cache..

Yes, please turn it back on! This also affects the ability to search the forum with Google (since the Search box above doesn't find expected results). We're temporarily hampered from searching until that Search box works, or Google updates its cache..

And I just ran into the google search problem today. The search box never turns up useful results for me, and I'm used to using google to search the site anyway. The other day when a friend told me she couldn't search the site at all, I tried doing a search and came up with all new urls. But then just now I searched for something and got all old urls. Even the cached version now says "Invalid IPB path", so it sounds like Google is still crawling the old pages that aren't there anymore? And since they have that error message, perhaps the google bot doesn't realize the pages are gone?

I get the most from this forum by searching old threads. I need a good search ability! :)

You might be able to find them by searching the topic number that is in the url. Then click on the link wherethere is a topic number and topic title in the url. That's how I found the thread I was waiting to link for someone.

It's a pain though. Google still gives the old url results.

I was looking for a specific thread today, and I found a reference to it in another thread, but it's the old style link, which you previously were rerouting to the new style links, but now you've killed the old style links completely. Any chance you'll turn back on the rerouting of the old style links? Pretty please? Anything anyone has bookmarked will now not work.

I hate to be a whiner, but there are a ton of threads that predate the web site change with links in them to other hive threads. All these links are now dead.