Menu

I need a cooking light (healthy) site

love2read

Ugh, so many of the cooking healhty sites are filled with ads and side bars that I can't find just the basic stuff I'm looking for. HELP.

I need a site that has recipes that have been tested by someone (maybe reviews or comments) that I can use to create meal plans. We're all getting fat and lazy here using the same meal ideas over and over. I need lower carb and lower fat. I'm just overwhelmed by all the sites out there.

www.eatingwell.com is my favorite go-to site for healthy recipes and inspiration. There are recipe reviews, articles, and IIRC you can look for recipe collections meeting specific health-needs (such as low-fat or low-carb).

I agree with EatingWell's site. One thing you can do is subscribe to their newsletter(s) which highlight collections and other recipes. For example: Best 2012 recipes, 20 recipes for broccoli, 30 Lowfat 30-Minute dinners, etc.

Also, on the site are three different sets of menu plans: 1200/1500/1800calories for a month's worth of meals--quick inspiration.

Another thing I discovered at Eatingwell's site is that when looking at a recipe in a collection, you can click "See all recipes" which shows you all 30 recipes (by mini-picture) and by hovering over a picture, you can quickly see what it is named and decide if you are interested.... I can quickly glance through an entire list to see the five or so that might interest me.....

ETA: Readers can and do rate the recipes which I also find very helpful....

HTH and best wishes for good success!