Menu

VBS: Did anyone else do "Outrigger Island"? Why won't the songs leave my head?

Okay, if I'm not going crazy looking for disappearing compact discs, I'm losing my mind to these same five songs that I've been hearing all week. I actually like some of them, it's just that they run through my brain every minute of every day. How do I make it stop?

Okay, if I'm not going crazy looking for disappearing compact discs, I'm losing my mind to these same five songs that I've been hearing all week. I actually like some of them, it's just that they run through my brain every minute of every day. How do I make it stop?

Is that the A a wiki, B a wiki, C a wiki one? I am still singing that song.

Oh, yeah! The A-a-wiki song is still in my brain after 6 weeks, and I didn't even help w/VBS! I just listened to my kids sing it at home for days on end!

Take heart, it does get better with time!

Chelle

A- a wikki, admit to God you are a sinner and repent and turn away from your sin...quickly quickly.

I sang that for a good month after it was all said and done.

I still sing The Word (or whatever the real name is)...I actually LOVE that song!

On Outrigger Island, we live God's unshakable truth...cause we've figured out life is so much better when we do....

Actually we had a luau planned for the end of Bible school and it got cancelled due to weather (ended up being a beautiful day too, but that is beside the point) so we are having it SATURDAY! Joy joy...more of the songs getting stuck in my head. I actually taught the 5 year old class and really enjoyed it. The bamboo we put in our rooms to decorate, I didn't love that so much!

Yes, it's the A-a-wiki one!

It's actually a lot of fun, but that song in particular is stuck in my head.

Tonight we had "The Word" which actually makes me cry just about every time I hear it. The kids did such a great job doing the signs and the dance movements, they were so reverent about it. It was really touching. One of the girls came up to me and said "That song just touches my heart." This was a 9 year old girl, you know?

I'll have to listen to "Into the Woods" or something. That should help me get beyond "Say yes-yes-yes-yes to the love of VBS".

Despite all that, this has been the most positive VBS experience that I've ever had.

Okay, it's over now, but the songs are still there.

Oh well, we have the closing and picnic on Sunday and we'll be singing and dancing again so I still need them.

They really did grow on me, I have to admit.

Afterwards some of us went over to the local college and got sandwiches from the grease trucks. And the kids sang a song from VBS for one of the grease truck owners whose wife is in labor at a local hospital.

Imagine 7 adults in matching fluorescent blue t-shirts and a bunch of children singing Jesus songs in a college parking lot. It was really, really fun! Seriously!:D

I loved A-a-wiki song!

I don't know if this was part of it, but at our church every night they started w/ "Say yea-yea-yea-yea-yes to v-v-v-vbs". Ds (3) loved that song and is still singing it almost 2 weeks later.:D

Um, yes, that's part of it. So now I've had "The Word" in my head all morning and you just replaced that with "Say yeah...."

hawaii-dance-083.gif