Menu

Does anyone have an IPad app for sentence diagramming?

I need to check myself on the MCT Practice Island sentences. I have a diagrammer bookmarked on my laptop, but the iPad is less bulky for school and I'd prefer to use that. So far, I have struck out in my app search. Anyone have one they use and like? Any app designer or WTM kids care to design one?

I need to check myself on the MCT Practice Island sentences. I have a diagrammer bookmarked on my laptop, but the iPad is less bulky for school and I'd prefer to use that. So far, I have struck out in my app search. Anyone have one they use and like? Any app designer or WTM kids care to design one?

I thought I had read an article somewhere that stated there is no good sentence diagraming program available b/c of the variations in diagramming styles and the complexity of the English language. I'd be interested to see the diagrammer you use for your laptop. Can you share a link?

Interesting question. I would love a great diagramming app.

Here is a sentence diagramming game (I think) -- SenGram. It's $2.99, so I didn't download it. I'd love to hear if anyone likes it.

http://www.soferio.com/sengram/HTML/#screenshots

I haven't used it, but I did download SenGram Maker from the Mac app shop, as it is free. Seems clunky to me.

I thought I had read an article somewhere that stated there is no good sentence diagraming program available b/c of the variations in diagramming styles and the complexity of the English language. I'd be interested to see the diagrammer you use for your laptop. Can you share a link?

There is something to be said for this, but usually I can tell when the diagrammer is wrong, and it is close enough to show me what really needs to happen and I can fix it from there. That said, I haven't tried really complex sentences yet, just the MCT ones. It is usually right, and close enough to be helpful when it is wrong. I've been messing around with it for a few months now. I use the Reed-Kellogg Diagrammer on my laptop.

There is something to be said for this, but usually I can tell when the diagrammer is wrong, and it is close enough to show me what really needs to happen and I can fix it from there. That said, I haven't tried really complex sentences yet, just the MCT ones. It is usually right, and close enough to be helpful when it is wrong. I've been messing around with it for a few months now. I use the Reed-Kellogg Diagrammer on my laptop.

Ah, that is what a diagrammer should be like! So easy, so quick. Thanks!!!

Adding -- dd just tried this and has a BIG smile on her face. But no Reed-Kellogg for iPad in the iTunes store.... maybe later? I see they have a WINDOWS phone app --- huh?

There is something to be said for this, but usually I can tell when the diagrammer is wrong, and it is close enough to show me what really needs to happen and I can fix it from there. That said, I haven't tried really complex sentences yet, just the MCT ones. It is usually right, and close enough to be helpful when it is wrong. I've been messing around with it for a few months now. I use the Reed-Kellogg Diagrammeron my laptop.

Thanks! I'm going to check this out later when I have time to sit and play with it.