Menu

Br**st Cancer questions

amyx4

My friend lost her sister to br**st cancer last year. The sister left behind a husband and a young son. I strong suspect that my friend has been diagnosed with br**st cancer and is doing radiation. She has a dh and young son. When she chooses to tell me what is the very first thing that I should say? Thanks for the advice.

A hug is great. Saying (and meaning!) I'm here for you. What can I do to help? is great.

Telling people is actually quite challenging. It hurts to see them hurt for you. When I told people I had to deal with their tears or them looking at me like I was already in a casket.

If you suspect she is in treatment, perhaps you could gently ask when you have a private moment.

What can I do to help? And be positive at all times. Tell no horror stories....one would think this would be common sense, but you would be surprised the things people would try to tell my mom when she was going through bc treatment. She would put her hand up in a stop sign motion and say, 'no bad stories.'

My sister was diagnosed this summer. Hers was stage one....they feel sure it is gone with the lumpectomy and radiation.