Menu

Any Kindle power users here?

C_l_e_0..Q_c

My Kindle has started to act funny. It's working fine, but some features are no longer there.

I tried to activate Social Networks, and only Twitter is offered, Facebook has disappeared. On top of that Twitter is not even working, as in I can't configure it. The Twitter page that it"s trying to load fails and Kindle says "Your Kindle is unable to load the requested page" . However the experimental web browser works just fine, so it's not an internet connection problem.

Second weird problem, if I get a book A on Amazon.com, and I send it to my Kindle, I get it just fine.

If I get book B and send it to my iPad, that's also ok. Now, from my iPad, I can request book A, but I cannot request book B from the Kindle. it just doesn't show up. The iPad, the Android, the mac and Pc will show me all books I have in my cloud, but not the Kindle.

I'm running the latest version of the OS, I've restarted the Kindle. Still no go.

Anyone?

Are the date and time correct on your Kindle?

Ok, The social networks issue is fixed, but not the cloud issue,

When I go to "archived items" I do not see my whole collection on Amazon. Also, when I want to see my other devices, it only lists itself and my PC (it should also list the iPad, the Mac and 2 cell phones)

You probably have to sync your Kindle. I would restart and sync it with a USB cord to your Amazon account. The archived items are in your Kindle Cloud in some fashion as well as the other stuff you are looking for.

Not having the correct date and time does affect what you can see. Not sure why.

Ok, I restarted the Kindle, and also realized that in Archives, the titles are listed by Author or by Title, not by most Recent.

Of course, those I wanted were listed on page 6 and more...

So maybe they were there all along, and I just didn't realize it. Stupid user error ;-)

(to my defense, I would claim this as a User interface error, as they should be listed by Most Recent too, for consistency)

Thanks for your help !