Menu

Confused about fasting bloodwork

dancer67

I am going in for fasting bloodwork. I don't know when, probably on Thursday.She orders this every year.Except I don't remember ever having to do a urinalysis. My primary care ordered a Urinalysis with Sedimentation. Okay, if I can't eat or drink anything, how in the heck am I going to urinate in a cup? Are you allowed to drink water? And second, is fasting a full 12 hours, or nothing after midnight? I am getting blood sugar, cholesterol, (reason for the fasting) plus my iron panel and the regular stuff. CBC/diff, metabolic panel etc. I can't remember. Thanks! Oh and ETA: I will probably go around 9 or 10 am in the morning.

Usually only after midnight unless specified. They usually tell you if you have to wait longer than that. If anything, call and ask. If you do not urinate when you wake up and wait until you go in for your blood work, I think you should be able to go for them. Good luck!! BTDT.

HA! I seriously doubt I can hold it that long. But I hate water, and I can't have coffee. So looks like I am going to have to drink some water before I go in so I can pee in their little cup. :crying: