Menu

hip bursitis

HollyDay

I have been having lower back and hip pain for a couple months now. I've had boughts of back, neck, shoulder, hip pain off and on for years and can usually trace it to something I'm doing or something I've done (lift something wrong, fall, etc.). This time the hip pain is different. I went today for a "functional" message to release some of the muscle spasms. The therapist said she thought I might have bursitis and to ask my doc about it next time I have an appt. with him. I've done some research on hip bursitis and I can't find much info on treatment options other than NSAIDS. Anyone have any experience or wisdom to share??

I highly recommend physical therapy, with a good clinic that focuses on strengthening all supporting musculature, stretching all relevant areas, and doing lots of manual therapy to aid in healing. I have experienced nothing short of a miracle for my plantar fascitis by going this route, and am raving about it to everyone.

I highly recommend physical therapy, with a good clinic that focuses on strengthening all supporting musculature, stretching all relevant areas, and doing lots of manual therapy to aid in healing. I have experienced nothing short of a miracle for my plantar fascitis by going this route, and am raving about it to everyone.

I plan to ask my doc for a PT referal when I see him next