Menu

I did it. Facebook is gone.

fairfarmhand

Deleted my facebook account last week. I want to make some changes in the New Year and I am hoping that having Facebook gone from my life will help.

FWIW, I don't think that Facebook is evil, nor did I have tons of drama in my life. It was simply a distraction that I don't need anymore.

So to all of you who were on my friends list, it was nice knowing you! I'll just catch you here!

Did the same thing a few weeks ago for the same reasons. It got too cluttered up with ads and links. At first I got a real kick out of the cartoons, memes, and music/video stuff, but then it just seemed like those mass emails I already have to delete from my non-FB account. The only thing I miss is seeing pictures of friends and their families, but lots of folks weren't even posting those anymore. Haven't missed it as much as I thought I would!

I did the same thing when Advent started. I miss the connections and chatting with friends that I otherwise would not chat with. . . BUT I am focusing much more on the things I need to focus on here and now! So though it has been a bit sad, it is for the best. I was going to reactivate in the new year, but I've decided I really am better off not doing that. I wish there was a way I could just pop on once in a while, but I know if I start up again, I'll just get sucked into it. Oh how I wish I had some spine when it came to these sorts of things!!!!! Instead it always has to be all or nothing for me.

Closed mine October of 2011. I do not miss it.

And I hate to say this, but w/ the new format here, I spend less time here too and am better for it. I mean no disrespect to all the folks who work hard on these boards, but I prefer the old way, and if it took a change for me to spend less time here, then so be it.

You all are much more brave than I! For the record, I closed my account about 3 years ago, but last year I revived it and it was like coming out of a coma. I wish I had the willpower!

:scared: No Facebook!??!?

:smilielol5: Kidding. Sort of. I've thought about deleting my account, but can't bring myself to do it. But I live far away from all of my friends and family, and it's an easy way to keep up with what's going on back home. If I still lived where I consider 'home,' I'd probably do it in a heartbeat.

:scared: No Facebook!??!?

:smilielol5: Kidding. Sort of.

Haha, that's what I was thinking. I love FB, but I think I must be one of the few people who have no drama on it. I've reconnected with high school friends I haven't seen in 30 years, and today my old college roommate is coming into town (for another reason) and we've hooked back up through FB, so she and her family will be here soon. I love keeping in contact with all my family/friends from other states and other countries - seeing what they're up to, looking at their pictures, etc.

I DID have to block a few people who feel FB is an appropriate venue to aggressively push their political opinions, but that was an easy and quick fix. It may help that I only have FB friends who are "real" friends - I know all of them personally, and spent time with them at one point or another in my life.

I love it! :001_smile:

I still have mine, but never go on it. I'm only reminded that it exists when someone sends me a message or tags me. Not sure why I bother keeping it.

Closed mine October of 2011. I do not miss it.

And I hate to say this, but w/ the new format here, I spend less time here too and am better for it. I mean no disrespect to all the folks who work hard on these boards, but I prefer the old way, and if it took a change for me to spend less time here, then so be it.

I've found the same thing. I don't even think it's that I dislike the new format so much as the upgrade broke my habit, and I've had to learn the new format, so it's just slowed me down to a less frenetic board checking routine.

I did it a couple of months ago. No drama...I mean, I only had a handful of "friends" anyway. I just felt like I needed to do it. I haven't missed it much. The only reason I would consider going back is because I've missed some fb exclusive chances, such as my optometrist giving away $1,300 worth of eyewear to a lucky fb follower. I would've loved the opportunity. Ah well; I'm sure someone else enjoyed it immensely. :)

Haha, that's what I was thinking. I love FB, but I think I must be one of the few people who have no drama on it. I've reconnected with high school friends I haven't seen in 30 years, and today my old college roommate is coming into town (for another reason) and we've hooked back up through FB, so she and her family will be here soon. I love keeping in contact with all my family/friends from other states and other countries - seeing what they're up to, looking at their pictures, etc.

I DID have to block a few people who feel FB is an appropriate venue to aggressively push their political opinions, but that was an easy and quick fix. It may help that I only have FB friends who are "real" friends - I know all of them personally, and spent time with them at one point or another in my life.

I love it! :001_smile:

that is exactly what held me back for so many years. And to tell the truth, I do miss parts of it. But I really don't need to spend the time that I do on it. I just don't have the discipline.

Wow, I never knew that FB was this big thing to get rid of. I keep in touch with family and friends....share pics of the kids. No drama because I wouldn't be friends on there with anyone who showed a lot of drama. Never knew it was such a big deal!

I'm sure it may not be for some people, but I have other things that I really need to be focused on.

I found myself with weeds in the garden, dirty house, ungraded papers, etc. and I spent several hours a week on facebook. I just don't have the self-discipline to keep it in moderation.

I can't do without fb. It's how I keep in touch with the kids that have moved out, see all the pics of the grand baby and links to dil's blog posts. Plus it's how I see the baby on the computer. I just try not to spend much time there, and apart from family stuff it's boring to me. No drama on mine. Most people are on hide anyway.