Menu

You Austen/P&P lovers are failing me...

LostSurprise

I had to get this from a teenage friend's Facebook feed.

http://www.lizziebennet.com/

Hank Green (Vlog Brothers) has created a modern day version of Pride and Prejudice using video diaries and other social media (Twitter, tumblr) to tell the story.

Its really fun. Click on start from the beginning. It began in April 2012 and its still going.

Warning: I would say this was mid-teen and above. Lizzie does refer to Lydia as a 'slut' and tease Jane about her possible physical relationship with Bing Lee. I'm only about half way through the first few months of episodes so I can't say any more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree. The woman portraying Lydia has made her a compelling, complex character. I'm not sure the writers were going to go in that direction, but I'm glad they took her lead.

Its interesting how many characters they're juggling right now. You have Lizzie on Mondays and Thursdays, Gigi (Georgiana) keeping us up on Darcy Tuesdays and Fridays, texts from various characters, Lydia's story, George's website countdown, and even fan-created accounts like Ann Elliot. Its getting a little crazy.

While I find it oddly compelling, I also get irritated if I watch more than a couple of episodes at once. I reread the book for the fifth or sixth time last week and rewatched all the movies recently. But this one isn't quite doing it for me. Which is maybe better since I don't really need any more time sucks in my life right now :)

• 1 month later...