Menu

Bird in the house...help!

sbgrace

Open the exterior door or a window and wait. He'll find his way out. I had this happen several years ago.

Make sure any other doors are closed so he can't get into other parts of the house. Also, if you have any birdseed or suet try putting a little at the threshold of the exit to lure him.

I turn off interior lights, open every exterior window or door that I can't close off, and have all animals and humans vacate the premises--go upstairs, closing the door behind you. I get birds in my house several times a year, and this always works within a few minutes.

Terri

It's gone! The doors/windows worked. I did read about the blanket thing. I worried it would hurt it. I'm glad it's safely out (and nothing else came in)! Now we'll have to figure out how it got in there. We're new to this house. My husband thinks there must be an entrance point and I don't want anything else finding its way in, particularly given we're almost done finishing it to living space.