Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seekinghim45

kindle fire educational apps 5th grade

I have had a hard time finding good ones for my 2nd grader on the Kindle. I have been getting the feeling that the android educational apps are lacking. Maybe we'll break down and get an IPad in a few years!

You can click on "shop by Department" on the Amazon page (left side) and in the drop down menu choose "Appstore for Android". Then in the search field type a subject like "math". Then it will show what they have. I have not tried any of those apps so I can't tell you about any good ones. There seems to be a lot of free ones for math though.

My nieces and younger cousins love The Digits: Fraction Blast- available on Apple, Android and now Amazon/Kindle Fire. It's an interactive narrative with videos and games that introduce math concepts to kids aged 7-to-11. Amazon is $9.99 and includes premium content and parent updates and tips, the Apple and Android version are free for the first half and $1.99 to unlock the premium content.

Amazon: http://amzn.to/XAMkak

I've found these for fourth, but could work for fifth.

Eta...oops! Totally misread. These are for ipad. :( I will leave them up in case someone's interested. Sorry!

Jog nog (a huge variety of topics)

Math Bingo

Learn the States

Math Bingo

math Doodles

State Bingo

Singapore Math (great word problems)

McGraw Hill English app

Fun science

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin