Menu

What is your case for or against video games?

Aspasia

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be 100% opposed, but I have recently been softening my stance a little (though I think my kids are still a bit young for it to really matter yet). I'm curious about other people's positions, reasons, and how many of you are for or against.

I have limited it to weekends and vacations, which is working well enough for academic reasons. I'm glad we did that as a routine, so time every day wasn't expected.

But my goodness, can it get out of hand. The kid could sit there 18 hours a day if I didn't interrupt. And, of course, right now is vacation time. He argues that since he got all A's, he "deserves" this time. Yeah, but not nonstop.

Video games don't bother us at all and I don't really have to regulate, but neither of my dds seem addicted to them. Sure, there are times they can play for hours and hours but there are also times they can read for hours and hours. I don't interrupt the reading anymore than I interrupt the video games, and at least the video games require them interacting with the rest of us since we usually all play together.

We have better things to do with our time - more creative, more productive.

They are addictive - they cause a physical addiction to the dopamine squirts you get while playing.

I'd prefer we spend our time interacting in real life rather than in virtual reality.

They are physically sedentary - go outside and play instead.

Go read a book if you can't find anything else to do.

Video games don't bother us at all and I don't really have to regulate, but neither of my dds seem addicted to them. Sure, there are times they can play for hours and hours but there are also times they can read for hours and hours. I don't interrupt the reading anymore than I interrupt the video games, and at least the video games require them interacting with the rest of us since we usually all play together.

:iagree:

I am not against video games. I play, DH plays, and we have a couple of different gaming systems plus PC games in the house. I do not think video games make kids violent or are responsible for any of the evil in the world.

But...we do limit game time for the kids. My eldest actually has screen addiction problems. Now that he is older, he recognizes it in himself and is good at self regulation. He sets a timer, even for watching TV, because he knows otherwise he can't pull himself away. If he gets too much screen time at once he will become moody and cranky for several days after unless he keeps getting more and more and more. Younger DS doesn't have this problem, but he also gets bored with games after a half hour or so and wants to get up, move and do something that requires more energy/brain power. In all honesty, we really don't need to limit screen time for him but it's easier to have the same limits for both kids. So, we limit games, TV and computers. An hour each on Saturday and Sunday, unless we play a game or watch a movie/show as a family. Other exceptions are when DS12 has his best buds spend the night and they stay up until the wee hours gaming. His moodiness/crankiness only seems to kick in when he is playing alone for hours on end, not when he is part of a family or friend group.

They are addictive - they cause a physical addiction to the dopamine squirts you get while playing.

I'd prefer we spend our time interacting in real life rather than in virtual reality.

Yes, this has been my general position for years. I worry that buying a gaming system will be the first step on a very slippery slope. I tend to be pretty good with consistency, so if we set limits or requirements in order to play, I know I would stick to them. But yeah, I have generally believed that there are better things to do with our time and that the addictive nature of video games would just create a battle that I don't want to fight every day.

There are two things that have opened me up to considering it for the future:

1) People talk about playing games as a family, particularly on the Wii. We are a big board game family, but I can definitely see the fun and the bonding value in adding the Wii thing.

2) I read an interesting article about problem solving games and how they train the brain, and I saw the positive potential in that idea. I have generally thought of video games as combative (I don't intend to ever allow a game that involves shooting or fighting), but this article made me realize that some of these games are actually pretty cool, and can foster critical thinking.

So anyway, just a lot for me to think about over the next few years, I guess,

My son plays almost every day. Yep, we're the family that makes the horrible choice not to find something better to do. My son is confined to a wheelchair, and we 'could' unplug him and make him read or play board games, but he WANTS to play video games. It's an even playing field for him where he can play as well as any other kids and do things like jump and run. He deserves to have fun in his free time and choose something that interests him. It's OK if every waking minute isn't spent on self-improvement. I'm grateful for the technology and extremely grateful for parents who aren't too self-righteous to let their children play.

And they are expensive! I can think of so much more I can do with my money. Even if a game only costs $50 that $50 will get:

An hour of private lessons for many sports or music

For the pricier sports/music lessons 30 minutes and ice cream

An annual pass to a Lego Land Discovery Center (Dallas Fort Worth is only $45/person)

1 night at a campground and canoe rental for a float trip

Zipline tour (with Groupon)

Admission for two to a science musuem or children's museum with money left over for lunch and gas.

New Shoes

Enough gas to drive almost 500 miles

A month of internet access

LOTS of used books

A higher end board game

I'm sorry, but I have to roll my eyes a bit whenever people make blanket statements about having better things to do with their time/money. For me, it's all about personal preferences/personalities/personal liberty/etc. I'm sure every one of us can find something that others do/buy that we would consider a waste for ourselves personally. When I was in college we had a speaker who rambled on about what a ridiculous waste of time it was to read Grisham novels. He had so many more meaningful things to do with his time! A few minutes later, he talked at length about his golf hobby and I couldn't stop myself from chortling aloud.

I have always been an avid reader, but I enjoy several different video games as well (Heroes III, Terraria, logic/puzzle games, Fire Emblem). For me they're a way to unwind and use a different type of reasoning. DH is an extremely focused, productive guy. He works hard both intellectually and physically and sometimes uses video games to unwind. We find that we sleep better if we can shut out some of our daily stress by playing games. My DS is only 3, but I just bought him a Mobigo2 for Christmas. He will have limited use of it (which I still need to define). None of us are addicted--they're just one enjoyable option from a myriad of choices for us.

DH also finds it to be very cheap entertainment. He can spend $3-$15 on a Steam game and get hours upon hours of playtime out of it. Many other things are crazy expensive by comparison.

I used to be opposed to video games but then I started realizing that it is wise to learn that we can do things in moderation. The same way that I enjoy a good episode of The Office, not for hours on end. We have allowed video games and only allow them on the weekends Friday after school (during rest time), Saturdays in the a.m. and on Sunday (only after church) and then on vacations and when we say okay, enough, there is usually no argument. In a way I think it's teaching them to show self control, restraint, and learning to take some things in moderation.

Oh and we seriously enjoy being outdoors and reading neither of these endeavors have been compromised because of video games.

To each his own, I suppose. It's your decision. That's what we do. :)

Exactly. I suppose if you or your children have an addictive personality then they could be trouble. Neither my dh or myself have the slightest interest in them. Both my boys like them but in spurts. They will get a new game and play for hours and hours. But then the games will go untouched for weeks. If it becomes a problem, then I will put a stop to it.

In the end, it is different for every person. Only you know your kids and what they can handle. I don't think it is "more righteous" to not play them. People act like if you play video games at all then your brain is mush and you are fat and uncreative. Hardly. They are simply a form of entertainment and not any worse than spending hours on this forum.

I'm sorry, but I have to roll my eyes a bit whenever people make blanket statements about having better things to do with their time/money. For me, it's all about personal preferences/personalities/personal liberty/etc. I'm sure every one of us can find something that others do/buy that we would consider a waste for ourselves personally.

:iagree:

For me, less tv watching time is great. But I do own and use a tablet for games, net surfing and reading. I am content doing this with music on in the background. Yet it's still technically screen time. My husband and older children love their games. So long as school work and chores are done, I am fine with the kids playing. They also enjoy their Legos and my daughter loves to read. In fact, it's probably thanks to Wizard 101 of all things that she was motivated to read more and on her own so she could play independently.

I don't think what works for us will work for all children or all families. However, I can't discredit the role of screen technology in learning either.

I despise video games!

Dd is fine. She could play all day but the end of the world does not come when i make her get off.

Ds, on the other hand, gets frustrated. He curses aggressively at whatever system he's using. He cries. He screams at people that they messed him up. He's not capable of playing most games. When i make him turn it off, I'm the absolute worst mother for a week. He even brings it up weeks later because i made him lose his progress. Once in a very blue moon, he can play his Nintendo ds for a short time without freaking out.

I've been trying to sell our wii, and I'm going to convince ds to sell his Nintendo ds. In the meantime, the wii is sitting in a box, and his ds is hiding in my room.

He is capable of playing games on my phone, but i never buy the full versions. I've got 20 something games to choose from, and he can manage them.

I agree, with the caveat that our boys have only ever been interested in sports games and a few Mario-type games when they were younger. Not the shoot-and-kill stuff. I think my stance would have been very different had they wanted to play the violent games.

My son plays almost every day. Yep, we're the family that makes the horrible choice not to find something better to do. My son is confined to a wheelchair, and we 'could' unplug him and make him read or play board games, but he WANTS to play video games. It's an even playing field for him where he can play as well as any other kids and do things like jump and run. He deserves to have fun in his free time and choose something that interests him. It's OK if every waking minute isn't spent on self-improvement. I'm grateful for the technology and extremely grateful for parents who aren't too self-righteous to let their children play.

Seriously? Self -righteous??? A decision made about or for our own child deems a parent self righteous??? I don't give a cra@p what other parents choose to do....this op is asking for advice....not what makes a parent justified in a decision.

Am I self righteous because I homeschool, or want my kids to stay off drugs, or want them to go to bed a a certain hour?? I was with you until you pulled the self-righteous card.....hmmmmmm.....that one seems to go in either direction. For the record, We do allow game systems here.

My son is in a wheelchair as well and we bought a Wii last year on the advice of our pediatrician. It has really helped my son with trunk support and core muscle development (he sits on the floor to play and uses both hands for the control). We have only the sports bundles that came with the console and, actually, I should be better than I am at getting him to play most days. We let the other kids play sometimes but it is seen as a treat (like movies). And they usually give up on their own after awhile.

We allow video games and at this age we don't impose limits. I think he was 8 when he got a PS2. He would play in spurts, then not at all. We did watch for signs of addiction or over stimulation. A friend had an issue, which was probably good for him to see. All this friend wanted to do was games when he was over. We set a limit when he was over.

A bonus that came out of allowing video games was money management training. Aside from birthday/holiday money or the occasional surprise, he has to buy his own games. He got really good at researching games and knowing to buy used and sell his unused games. He spent a lot of time at Game Stop budgeting his own money. He buys his own games now. We bought him one for his birthday, but that's it for the entire year.

We also reserve the right to veto game choices. That was probably the hardest thing when he was younger. We're a little more liberal in what we allow than some, Dh found the Game Stop employees (somewhere where they are truly familiar with the games) very helpful in pointing out specifics in certain games and from there we could decide if we would allow.

The cycle seems to be:

1. new game comes home

2. new game will be played ad nauseum for a few days or weeks

3. Child beat new game or become bored with it.

4. they let the system set for a few weeks or months

5. Child wants a new game and cycle begins again.

Ds has some games he'll play over and over. Some get beat and then he's bored with them. Some get sold. I think that cycle is true with a lot of things, recognizing that it will happen makes it easier to accept the highs and lulls in game playing.

I am on board with the thought "everything in moderation." My kids love playing videogames, and so far we own a leapster, an ipod touch, an ipad, and an android phone. This Christmas we are adding another ipod touch and a wii.

We set limits, which just means more some days and less other days. My kids also spend time outside very day, play as many sports as our little town offers, and read a lot. They prefer playing family board games more than the video games, but since dh & I aren't always available to play, I am hoping they will be able to play the wii together.

Whenever this topic comes up, some of the responses always lean to the self-righteous. I agree there are better ways to spend our time than with video games, but that is true of so many other things we do as well. We usually have family screen time here - so I am reading and responding on this board while they are playing their games. Since I am "wasting" my time here, I am OK with them "wasting" their time with the video games.

We have younger kids, so this may change as they get older. At this point we limit screen time to 30 minutes per day (family video). We don't have a computer in the home yet (we use ipads but they don't yet). Overall, I think we have become too screen dependent. I want my kids to develop more interests in the real world first. They still have difficulty understanding the difference between real and make believe so I think it would be a bad idea at this time.

Video game play doesn't bother, in it of itself. But I do have to monitor it. The fact is that's what their friends are playing, and considering we homeschool and they don't see their friends all day, it would be mean of me not to allow them to connect with their friends somehow. Kids around here just don't play outside.

We love video games here. We have a Wii, Nintendo DS's, an ipod and our computers. Next year we'll be getting a PS3 because there is a particular game coming out next fall that I want, and it won't be made for the Wii. We have never set limits and never needed to. The only restrictions ever on games so far is that we don't play any shooter or fighter games. We like puzzle and adventure games the most, but board games and dance games come out from time to time. The dance games will be coming out this week as it's our week off from dance classes, and the kids have to stay limber!

My DS learned to read from playing video games. All those instructions on the screen over and over had him reading before he was five, and he's now reading at a level higher than his older sister. Generally when we take our summer break from school, the first week off or so is eaten up by constant Wii time. They get so excited about all the free time, and make the most of it, but then the Wii time wanes and eventually they could go weeks without even turning it on. Kids who video game don't automatically become recluses. They still spend hours on end playing outside when it's nice out, they still play with their toys and each other, and we've never, ever had an issue of someone wanting to play games during school time.

I personally DON'T think there could be "something better to do than play video games". For us it's a hobby, it's no different than someone sitting down to sew on a quilt or learn woodworking. We choose to play video games, and most often it's three out of four of us together. DH doesn't play much, he's never been a gamer, and while he tries for the sake of spending time with the rest of us, it just frustrates him.

I started playing video games about 30 years ago and they have not had any detrimental effects on me. I was the one who introduced my children to video games. I don't remember how young they were but it was when they were old enough to work a game controller. Today, the only video gamer in my house is my ds16 and I would say games are his hobby. I do not see, nor have I ever seen, any detrimental effect on him either. We have no limits on any type of screen time and my kids self-regulate well. Of course there are some games that I think are not cool, but I can say the same thing for books. It was on a discussion on this board that someone questioned my parenting because I allowed video games. The ding-a-ling.

We allow video games. My daughter plays about twice a month. My son plays daily and I'm so glad. It has increased his social skills (an area he struggled in) exponentially. He has something he can talk with other boys about.

My 40 yo dh shares a love of video games with his 65+ yo mother and has since he was a child playing Atari 2600. They can talk on the phone for 45 minutes about RPGs.

In our family, video games have formed connections and relationships. That's not a bad thing.

We have opted not to have a specific video game system at this point, but the kids have a few computer video games. DH and I enjoy computer games ourselves, usually the Myst-type adventure-puzzle games, and we've had fun playing some of those with the kids too. The kids have a Lego Star Wars game that they really enjoy, and they're getting a couple more games for Christmas. I do limit their screen time, whether that's video games or e-mail or drawing programs on the computer, and during school weeks, they're only rarely allowed; usually, computer time is a weekend reward for completing work and chores quickly and pleasantly during the week. I also don't allow really violent/gory games, especially realistic ones. My biggest complaint about video games is that many of them don't have reasonable stopping points -- you have to play a pretty long time before you get to a point where you can save your progress -- which is why they're left for the weekends only. If I see too much dependence on screens (constant asking to play, complaining about not having anything to do without a screen, etc.), I get really strict and allow none for a while.

I guess I look at video games like I do ice cream or anything else that is a treat -- in moderation, ice cream isn't a big deal to me, if their overall diets are pretty healthy. As long as they're reading, drawing, playing outside, creating things, etc., I'm not too worked up about a little bit of video game time.

We limit screens during normal time, though it's a generous limit. I find that video games are no different from other media - TV, movies, etc. In general, we enjoy them all in moderation.

I respect when families don't like them... the thing that I find difficult is that there always seems to be a lot of rigidity and an us against the world sort of mentality about it. I have a lot more trouble with that. And I feel like in many families it becomes this source of ongoing tension, which I, personally, would not be able to put up with. The OP's eldest is only 5 yo. Life was much easier to control at that age. My kids are 8 yo now, and it's way harder. I can only imagine it will be another level harder when they're teens.

We have game systems. To be honest I've had some kind of game system in my home since Pong. There are no limits beyond not during school.

I really don't see anything wrong with them. One can't be productive and creative 24/7. Video games aren't anymore sedentary than reading for hours on end. And not everyone has a creative side. Some people actually fail miserably a creativity so there needs to be some sort of logic based outlet for them. So why not video games?

There are some people who pull out the video games alter ones brain chemistry card. But that is true for any activity. Everything we do alters our brain chemistry in one form or another.

There are some people who do have difficulty disengaging from the game. Of course they need to limit their exposure. But for the vast majority of people video games, like any other, down time outlet, have their place.

I'm of two minds about video games. Now that my kids are older, (all 3 are boys) it is one of the few ways that all three of them bond, since, given their age differences, they have pretty disparate interests. But when they were younger, I worried a lot about addiction, particular for one of them, who seems to have that tendency. OTOH, it gave me an opportunity to teach him about managing that kind of tendency before it got out of hand, which is useful, if imperfect in our case.

But I've recently discovered another benefit I'd not considered before-they are a good way for college kids who are not into the party scene to entertain themselves with friends. My ds did this at school this past fall, along with ice skating, going to movies, etc. College tends to be a rather "intoxicating" environment for many students, so I'm grateful for the interest in more wholesome activities.

We have a Wii that is hooked to our only TV in the living room. Usually we limit to an hour a day . . .sometimes that limit only applies on weekdays. Right now, because of Christmas vacation, it's been on more than usual.

We deal with it differently with different kids. I have one child who is completely obsessed with it and I have to monitor him closely. For instance, right now, his Wii controller has been confiscated for the morning because of unpleasant behavior. Most of my other kids can play without it affecting their behavior. I've been tempted to get rid of it because of the one kidlet but I'm trying to teach him self-control so I continue to limit and monitor. I hate to take it away completely because my other kids enjoy it so much.

I don't have a problem with appropriate games in moderation. 99% of kids would probably sit in front of them too much if given the chance though. We have a DS but no big system. I think there are a lot of better things to do than sit slack-jawed in front of a screen. Be creative, be active, use your brain.

We don't own a video game system, but we don't have anything against video games. Our kids play them at various friends' houses. That said, my husband is a pastor and over the years he has done a fair amount of marital counseling. In all but one or two cases, excessive video game playing by one of the spouses (i.e. 18+ hours regularly, to the point of neglect of family) was one of the chief complaints. Since not every couple that owns a video game system in our church has needed marital counseling, it is an issue of lack of self-control and not the fault of video game systems. Parents should teach their children self-control and moderation in all areas (i.e. food, online time, spending, etc.), and video game use should be included as well.

Either that or heavy gamers should marry a fellow gamer. :D

I limit it quite a bit during the week (all morning there are no games, they do get to play during naptime) but Daddy lets them play a bit more on the weekends.

My dh could be described as a "gaming addict" I guess, but I have learned to deal with it. He is still the most loving, tender, compassionate and helpful man I have ever known or heard of. He jumps up to help me whenever I ask, he pulls close to 50% of the care for the kids when he is home, he lets me sleep in on the weekends, he cooks most dinners, he is very loving and giving. None of our kids are overweight (in fact, they tend more toward being underweight as dh and I always were) so I don't really see the physical side as being a problem for us. We require them to spend quite a bit of time playing outside each day, when the weather permits.

I don't know. I respect families who manage to avoid them entirely, I know a couple of those. But we don't have a problem with them. Sometimes I do wish my kids wouldn't like them so much, but in general we are a pretty tech-minded family.

Weren't people really wary of the radio and TV when they first came out? I'm sure it was the same with books, or certain genres of books.

I had been opposed to them, fearing the kids would want to spend all their free time doing them and that I would have to constantly regulate their time. However, last year I broke down and decided to get the kids a Wii for Christmas because my dd wanted one so badly. It has turned out really well. My dd uses it almost exclusively to play Just Dance, which is a very physically active game. She still loves her audiobooks and crafts, though. My son is more interested in board games than video games, but he has a couple of Wii games he'll occasionally play with a friend or me. It's a great activity for me to do with him now that he's getting older.

We have no video games. My 10yo can play things like Club Penguin and Adventure Quest on his computer. (Which we have the password for.)

We are not completely against VG, we just won't buy them. He's allowed to play them at his friends houses, but we won't put money into them. He's offered to buy his own games, but it's been explained to him that even if someone spent the $100+ dollars on a game system, games cost about $60. He gets a $2 a week when he's actually getting an allowence. He understands it would take him most of a year to buy a game. He also understands that he'd complete all the levels of a game long before he'd be able to afford a new game. So at this time he has no interest in buying any games himself.

If my husband or I had any interest in playing any sort of video game with him, our feelings may be different. But since we don't, it would just be him and a video game, locked away in the basement. Currently, when he locks himself away in the basement, it's to play legos.

I understand we will eventually suffer from being "That house". As in the one that is 'boring' with no games. I'm hoping to spend the money not spent on games on other things that will make us more interesting.

We have better things to do with our time - more creative, more productive. They are addictive - they cause a physical addiction to the dopamine squirts you get while playing. I'd prefer we spend our time interacting in real life rather than in virtual reality. They are physically sedentary - go outside and play instead. Go read a book if you can't find anything else to do.

I'll speak to the first part below, but regarding being physically sedentary, um, no. You have never seen my son play a video game. He HOPS the entire time. It's exhausting for me to watch.

I don't have a problem with appropriate games in moderation. 99% of kids would probably sit in front of them too much if given the chance though. We have a DS but no big system. I think there are a lot of better things to do than sit slack-jawed in front of a screen. Be creative, be active, use your brain.

Right. Because it takes zero creativity and brain power to create Middle Earth, the Taj Mahal, or the palace you see in your mind, in Minecraft.

I have not seen a single person that allows gaming in their home say that children that don't commonly play video games have poor hand-eye coordination or will never be surgeons (Tomorrow's surgeons are today's video gamers ), but somehow those of us that allow games have drooling, unproductive, uncreative, sedentary slobs?

I'll speak to the first part below, but regarding being physically sedentary, um, no. You have never seen my son play a video game. He HOPS the entire time. It's exhausting for me to watch.

Right. Because it takes zero creativity and brain power to create Middle Earth, the Taj Mahal, or the palace you see in your mind, in Minecraft.

I have not seen a single person that allows gaming in their home say that children that don't commonly play video games have poor hand-eye coordination or will never be surgeons (Tomorrow's surgeons are today's video gamers ), but somehow those of us that allow games have drooling, unproductive, uncreative, sedentary slobs?

:iagree: We let the girls open a gift early today - the XBox w/Kinect they've been asking for! I'm exhausted just watching them bop around the floor. We've been playing for hours. It's been non-stop laughs and we're all sweaty. Definitely not sedentary with eyes glazed over!

That makes perfect sense.

Some of us aren't self-righteous. One kid just can't keep it under control very well. Working on it now! He still gets to play but I make him take breaks! Does your son play online with other kids? My son would love another kid to play games with, if he is interested. Mine is 13.

I am fine with them, but that's mostly because they don't seem to be a big issue for us as a family. Both kids have DSes and DD has some games on her ipod, we have some PC games, and 2 different game systems.... I would estimate that each child spends about 2 hours total per week playing on all of those options (probably closer to one hour for dd). DS will definitely go through phases where he plays more, but even then he will walk away to ride a bike, read, or play with Legos. I know that some kids get hooked, but have never quite understood since my kids have very free access to tv, games, etc., but seem to control their own intake of these things really well.

We play video games here in moderation. I like them too! If I had a child that acted out based on media or saw a huge downside to it for my kids, we wouldn't. My kids do not watch any TV - just the occassional video or movie. They get about 30-60 minutes per day max, if we have time.

ETA - we had a Wii. We just got an Xbox and Kinect this Christmas (we got to open gifts early because we're traveling!).

And they are expensive! I can think of so much more I can do with my money. Even if a game only costs $50 that $50 will get:

An hour of private lessons for many sports or music

For the pricier sports/music lessons 30 minutes and ice cream

An annual pass to a Lego Land Discovery Center (Dallas Fort Worth is only $45/person)

1 night at a campground and canoe rental for a float trip

Zipline tour (with Groupon)

Admission for two to a science musuem or children's museum with money left over for lunch and gas.

New Shoes

Enough gas to drive almost 500 miles

A month of internet access

LOTS of used books

A higher end board game

Most of these activities only provide 30 minutes to 8 hours of entertainment. We never buy a game that will last less times than 50 hours.

Most of these activities only provide 30 minutes to 8 hours of entertainment. We never buy a game that will last less times than 50 hours.

And then there's the day when you finally make it to the end, you beat the boss and you have that amazing moment of accomplishment... and then you ask for a moment of silence. After the moment of silence, you solemnly delete your file and immediately start a new one and start all over again at the beginning of the game. Because it was THAT fun, and now you want to do it again and add in all the side adventures you missed the first time around.

We almost always buy our games used too. With the Gamestop discount card we pretty much never pay more than $30 for a game that gives us hours and hours and hours of entertainment. That's cheap entertainment. We certainly couldn't take our family to go see a movie for that amount of money.

My oldest wants to actually make a career out of designing video games......yup, complete waste of time :rolleyes:

My boys got a Kinect for Christmas for their Xbox 360 AND 3 games to go with it. They also got 2 other non-Kinect games.

I make no apologies.

Dawn