Menu

total long shot...anyone enter MFW high school into HST+?

We use HST+ to print out daily task lists (or whatever they are called), so my kids are used to that sort of format. My oldest is about to start MFW AHL, and he would prefer for me to enter it into HST+. Record-keeping-wise, I would too. However...what a nightmare this is going to be! Any suggestions? I'm contemplating telling my son "tough" LOL. But just in case there is an "easy" way that I'm overlooking, I'd like to give it a shot....

I've not done AHL but have done WHL and the third year, USA part 1. No it's not easy but it was worth it for the record keeping for me. I'm not sure there's an easy way . . . right now I'm dong WHL in HST Online.

When I first started, I read a post of how someone had put a Sonlight Core into HST Plus and followed that methodology. I think that post is still available over on the HST forums. Basically, she puts one resource in at a time. I don't necessarily do that completely but it did help me get started. I tend to do only a week at a time because I found I was forgetting assignments if I tried to do it any other way.

You've reminded me that I need to get busy on it again . . during the summer I had put in the first 18 weeks or so but now my son's caught up with me and I need to get ahead during our vacation.

I've put in part of WHL. I, too, need to do more because my son is caught up to me. I, too, enter one resource at a time then go back and do another resource, etc.

It actually moves pretty fast once I get a rhythm going. Oh, for notes, I just write "See week 12, Tuesday notes" in the directions box instead of re-typing them.

I entered it for AHL, but he needs to refer to the original schedule. I entered it in terms of Week 1 Day 1 etc. I divided it into three separate subjects; Bible, History, English. I did go back and put in for specific days when a grade needs to be entered. Some are just graded as class participation. I may be able to send you the lesson plans, but it would have to be later in the week and I would need to figure out how to.