Menu

Have a $25 gift cert for Barnes andn Noble, want to put it twrds board game....Settlers of Catan?

Halcyon

We like board games, but i generally tend towards "quick to start, quick to end" games like Othello. My older son, otoh, loves games like Monopoly and Life...longer games.

Do you think Settlers would be a good choice? I know you need at least 3 players to play...and I think my 7 year old would catch on pretty quickly (he's a whiz at Monopoly). I also thought about Ticket to Ride but I think Settlers is more our speed.

I think I must be the only person on the planet who didn't like that game. Everyone else seems to love it.

Not the only one. Catan is interesting. But I'd recommend Ticket to Ride first. Catan can drag on. Have you checked out reviews on Boardgamegeek.com?

Nicole

We just purchased the Star Trek version of 'Settlers'... can't wait until Christmas so we can play it...

We are a family of Star Trek geeks-- DH is getting several autographed items for Christmas... too bad we did not have the game with the older girls went to the 50th anniversary convention for the signings... OH-- we are also a board game loving family!

I've been looking at this game and it looks so involved. We love love love board games here, but would a new 9yo be able to do this?

Our 9 yr old Grandson plays with us. He understands the rules, but it definately takes him longer to play than the adults. With patience, absolutely he can play.