Menu

Tapestry of Grace question(s) ...

Luanne

I like that:

• I can keep all my different aged kids in the same curriculum studying the same thing - it even schedules out Story of the World if I want that option.
  • The assigned books are interesting and diverse
  • I can tweak the curriculum to my liking or my children's bent without having to search. For example, if I have a kid who likes lapbooks, they are available - a kid who likes a lot of crafts, they are available - a kid who devours books, there are alternate book lists available
  • If I have a strong reader, I can go up a level in just literature. If I have a child who struggles with reading, I can go down a level.
  • They offer online classes for Dialectic and Rhetoric students. My son is taking a class and I think it's great!
  • If you want writing assignments that correspond to the period of history they are studying, it's there.
  • I don't get bored with it myself and the thought of going through it another time with another kid doesn't make me run for the nearest curriculum store.

Beth

I like that:

• I can keep all my different aged kids in the same curriculum studying the same thing - it even schedules out Story of the World if I want that option.
  • The assigned books are interesting and diverse
  • I can tweak the curriculum to my liking or my children's bent without having to search. For example, if I have a kid who likes lapbooks, they are available - a kid who likes a lot of crafts, they are available - a kid who devours books, there are alternate book lists available
  • If I have a strong reader, I can go up a level in just literature. If I have a child who struggles with reading, I can go down a level.
  • They offer online classes for Dialectic and Rhetoric students. My son is taking a class and I think it's great!
  • If you want writing assignments that correspond to the period of history they are studying, it's there.
  • I don't get bored with it myself and the thought of going through it another time with another kid doesn't make me run for the nearest curriculum store.

Beth

:iagree: plus, buy once, use forever is a nice concept. A lot of folks say it's expensive, but when you consider that you get lifetime updates of the DE...? sounds like a good deal to me.

I also like that it includes so many topics of study for a time period. There are history, history-in-depth, literature, read alouds, world view, philosophy, arts & crafts, fine arts, writing, government and church history/religion lessons for each week, as we move through world history. We pick what we want to do. I don't find the planning to be anything more than picking what we're doing each week.

I like that every kid is studying the same thing at the same time, just at different levels, and possibly a different focus.

I also love the super detailed teacher's notes. I don't have to read the books to be able to discuss them with my students.

I love the topics covered and the way they are covered. I like what the author skips and I like what she includes. I like the pace of years 1-3 and the deeper focus on recent history. I far prefer the TOG book choices to other programs I checked in to.

Have you downloaded the three-week samples available at Lampstand Press?

I've seen that a lot of people on here really like Tapestry of Grace. I am curious exactly what it is that you like about it? What makes it better than the other curriculum available out there?

Oh, and I wouldn't say it's better. There are just some who like it better. ;)