Menu

Bluetooth hands-free...do you like yours?

Dh bought me a Jabra from an outlet. I really don't like it. It feels like it's falling off and I've had people tell me I sound like I'm vibrating. I can't just disconnect the thing w/o going through about 10 steps on my phone so if I'm at home and my cell rings, I have to wear the headset. Dh still needs one so I'm thinking he can have mine and I'll get a better one. :tongue_smilie: He actually offered that...:)

Do you like yours? Does it *not* do everything mine does? How much did you spend?

I got a MotoROKR by at&t- it goes on my visor, and it works much better than I thought it would. I didn't want a thing on my ear, I figured I would be more distracted trying to put the earpiece on- then just answering the dog-on cell phone! I can make and take calls through it, and it transmits the voice of the other person over my radio....when I can get that part to work. Lately I've just used the speaker the unit comes with, which works fine.

The part I don't care for, it shuts itself off (which is good so the battery doesn't run down... but...) I have to reach up and push a button to turn it on when a call comes in- then push the button to answer once it powers on...if I want to have the whole experience I also have to change over to my FM radio, then push my #2 preset to put it on the correct station to transmit the voice over. Lately I skipped that part, it's just too complicated. I end up hearing the speaker over the speaker in the bluetooth unit, which sounds fine.

it was over $100- I'm not sure the exact price, dh picked it up for me- I was afraid to ask the exact price. I am hardly on the phone in the car, just sometimes to answer when dh calls...I was happy before the new law...

I love mine! I paid about $38k for it. It's my minivan. :tongue_smilie:

I automatically connects every time the van turns on and disconnects when the van is turned off. The speaker is over near the driver's side so it's easy for me to use while driving. There are buttons on my steering wheel to answer and hang up. It works really well!

I don't have a car. I have a toy on wheels. :auto: (I've been wanting to use that icon for a while!)

DH just gave me an extra one he had - no idea why he had a spare, but it was free, so there you go.

It's OK. My phone doesn't work particularly well with it; I have to say "Dial" and then speak the number, digit by digit. On his phone, he can say call "person on the contact list" and the phone will confirm the number and then call it. I think if I had a phone that was meant to work well with an ear thingy, I would like it better. I have only called dh with it, and he says I sound fine. It's pretty easy to use itself; it's my lower-tech phone that causes the problem.

The girls call these things "blue ear teeth." Cracks me up every time.

Can these be used at work? Sorry, but I know nothing of them. My dh is a branch manager and is constantly on the phone and dealing w/ customers, ect. Would this be adaptable to an office situation?

Thanks,

Lisa

Does he use his cell phone in the office? I know the phone needs to be BlueTooth compatible. BlueTooth is the hands-free technology. Usually I think it's just for mobile phones, computer mice, keyboards, that kind of thing. There are definitely hands-free headsets available for other phones though so he could look into that for work.

I LOVED all 3 of my bluetooth headsets. I wore them all the time (no house phone). And then I lost them. One by one, $30 each, disappeared. So now I'm going to get a wired ear piece. That way if it falls off, it's not GONE. (Of course, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the garbage can right next to the 'charging station'.) :glare:

Also, putting it on just to answer the phone will NOT work. You have to turn it on and give it a minute to connect. You can't leave it on all the time unless you are going to answer with it. Because if it's on, it's connected. I hope that makes sense?!!