Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APyper

Bloggers

I like Blogger better. If you don't want to pay for your blog, you can do much more to customize your blog with it.

I've never tried Wordpress. My technical skills are limited, and I am *not* intuitive when it comes to technology. I read a lot before starting and people said that Blogger was super easy (which I've found to be mostly true). I've noticed an unrelated video at the bottom of a lot of Wordpress blogs, but I'm not sure if that's a mandatory feature for a free blog or not. So there it is--in 2 whole sentences, the total extent of my knowledge about Wordpress vs Blogger. Please take it with a huge grain of salt. ;)

Blogger definitely. Me and wordpress simply don't get along.

I'd rather have wordpress simply because google already owns so much of my life. But I'll lose my template if I change. So I'll keep it.

I use Blogger just because I'm too lazy and technilogically illiterate to go elsewhere. I'm happy with it.

:iagree:

Thanks for the replies, I am thinking I should go back to blogger. I actually like the looks of Wordpress more but blogger does seem easier.

The main reason I like Wordpress is so many online hosting companies have it as a platform, so it is easier to transition from Wordpress.com over to your own domain if/when one decides to do so. Wordpress has gotten much easier to manage through the years. That said, when I get a domain, I make sure I also grab the names at Wordpress and Blogger, to better control the name. So, whichever you decide, I would make sure you get the same name at the other, if possible.

Blogspot but I've never really used or looked into Wordpress. When I started the blog I didn't know much about blogging and everything I heard said Blogspot is easier. I have no reason to change so I stay with it.