Menu

Give me some ideas of wholesome shows we can stream from Netflix

mothergooseof4

We have run out of ideas. My kids seem to enjoy TV series the most. Some movies would be great, expecially Christmas ones right now. And, my boys enjoy Deadliest Warrior, but my dd gets bored with it. Shows they boys or girls would like that are similar would be fine though. I know we can't really classify it as "wholesome," but I don't mind things like this for them since it is educational and they are old enough to handle it.

We've gotten Ateam, Tales of the Golden Monkey. We also do a lot of 1930's and 1940's movies. Also a few Bob Hope comedies. Depending on how old they are the Davy Crockett movies are fun. And they have the whole series of Daniel Boone. We also get a lot of the old 1960's Disney stuff. My son would watch Little House and Waltons on Hallmark all the time too.

Actually thinking through this I've realized that most of our netflix list is made up of things from before I was born or very young.

If they like science they may like this, my husband and son do.

Connections 1

1978NR5 discs

How did a test of gold's purity in 500 B.C. lead to the invention of the atomic bomb? James Burke, host of this beloved 1978 TV documentary series, makes this and other beguiling connections between history and science. Combing through 12,000 years of history, this Sherlock Holmes of science finds clues that led to various modern inventions. Burke's droll humor, careful reenactments and stirring use of classical music helped to make this a BBC hit.

Lately my kids have been watching Mythbusters. The Munsters is a fun sitcom from the 60's. We also like docotor who but only the new series is on instant play.

Yesterday a friend of mine recommended a BBC series called Merlin - she says it is kid appropriate. I plan to check it out - there are 4 seasons on netflix. The Munsters is a fun sitcom from the 60's. We also like docotor who but only the new series is on instant play.