Menu

Cross-Country Road Trip. What must we see?

NCJessieRN

We own a video surveillance company and my husband has been contracted for a job in San Antonio, TX (2 days) and one in Salt Lake City, UT (3 days). We will be leaving late January through late February. We decided to take this opportunity for a road trip. If you know of somewhere or something we must see, please let me know. :) We are starting from SC.

Here are our stops:

• Montgomery, AL
  • New Orleans, LA
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Amarillo, TX
  • Santa Fe, NM
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • San Diego, CA
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Coconino, AZ (to see the Grand Canyon)
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • Aspen, CO
  • Kansas City, MO
  • Branson, MO
  • Nashville, TN
  • Back home!

Bryce NP

Zion NP

both of those are in Utah. Bryce is one of our all-time favorites (over the Grand Canyon).

If it's not too far out of your way we also enjoyed Chaco Culture NHP - both during the day and at night (when the stars are amazing due to how far away it is from sources of light).

Otherwise, what do you LIKE seeing (nature, museums, cities, etc)?

We own a video surveillance company and my husband has been contracted for a job in San Antonio, TX (2 days) and one in Salt Lake City, UT (3 days). We will be leaving late January through late February. We decided to take this opportunity for a road trip. If you know of somewhere or something we must see, please let me know. :) We are starting from SC.

Here are our stops:

This is just a few ideas I had. We have gone cross country many times and have always loved it. I would say out of all the museums we have visited the WWII museum in New Orleans is our favorite.

If you can detour to southern NM, Carlsbad Caverns is there. When we visited a ranger warned us that we'd now forever be comparing every cavern we visited to Carlsbad. We scoffed at the idea as we've been to oodles of caverns. He was right. We'd love a return trip and no other cavern since has measured up... though we still keep looking.

But I don't know if you have time for that much of a detour. We went from Tucson (and Saguaro NP) to Carlsbad and this all after doing Organ Pipe, etc, so more or less hugging the southern border. You're further north.

In San Diego the zoo is superb.