Menu

You can't start Latin until you do the dishes

This is why we Home Educate.

It's school holidays here, the end of the school year until we start anew in February, and I can get my dishes done because she is so keen to start learning Latin.

I just splurged and took advantage of a LivelyLatin offer. Friends of our have been using it and it was on my 'later list'.

Now we are there.

It's later....now.

Both of us suffer from 'letter-entanglement' issues, so we'll see how we go. But it looks good and I had to make her put it down.

Have a link to this deal? I have been interested in Lively Latin for a while now.

Not that I need to know...but what deal?

It is an email deal.

Here is the email:

20% Private H[/b]oliday Sale

~For You and Friends~

Limited Time Offer Until January 1, 2013

BigBook of LivelyLatin, Volume 1, PDF Version, Regularly $55…………………..…..…………On Sale for $44

BigBook of LivelyLatin, Volume 2, PDF Version, Regularly $70………….…….…………..……On Sale for $56

BigBook of LivelyLatin, Volumes 1 & 2 Combo, PDF Version, Regularly $110……......….…On Sale for $88

• All PDF versions come with non-expiring, unlimited copying rights for your immediate family (your own children)
  • Includes all the resources in the BigBook classrooms: lessons to print, answer key, audio pronunciation files, online vocabulary games, tests and teaching videos for BB1 (coming later for BB2), My History of Rome printable booklet, chant sheets, etc.

To Order:

Note: This is NOT available through the www.livelylatin.com website. There are two options to take advantage of this offer:

1. Using your Paypal account, send payment to my email address, magistra753bc@att.net. In the note section of the PayPal form, include the product you wish to purchase. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive access information for your product.

~OR~

2. Email me your phone number and best time to call, including time zone, privately at magistra753bc@att.net. I will call you within 24 hours to take your order using a credit card.

Feel free to pass this along to friends who may be interested.

Wishing You a Happy Holiday Season!

Felix Dies Nativitatis! (Merry Christmas!)

Catherine Drown, Magistra

www.livelylatin.com

I'm child-minding at my sister's today for her and a friend - stack of schoolkids all in hyped-up holiday mode.

I turned up and said "I've brought the Latin, we'll be declenching Latin Verbs today instead of playing in the pool." (Not even sure if that's the right term, but I figured none of them would correct me)

Dead silence.

"Only joking kids!"

No I didn't have it. But my dd did pipe up in its defence.

This is Greek, not Latin, but the Greek root "schol"--as in school and scholar--means "leisure"

:confused1: Leisure??? really???? Yes. It was life changing for me to catch that little tidbit when homeschooling one day. The roots for all that we think of with "school" comes because learning is what the ancients did with their leisure time.

If the dishes aren't done, it's not "schol" time. Leisure time should come after the work is done. :)

I'm child-minding at my sister's today for her and a friend - stack of schoolkids all in hyped-up holiday mode.

I turned up and said "I've brought the Latin, we'll be declenching Latin Verbs today instead of playing in the pool." (Not even sure if that's the right term, but I figured none of them would correct me)

declenching :lol:

Sometimes I do have to "declench" after doing Latin. :lol:

But the terms you want are "conjugating verbs" and "declining nouns".