Menu

Taking care of American Girl doll

MomtoCandJ

What do I need to do to help dd take care of her doll and her things? I have had two of dh's relatives bless us with American Girl stuff. I know this stuff isn't cheap and want to help dd take really good care of everything. Aunt Zoe is blessing us with Caroline and Cousin Amy blessed us with a 100 dollar gift card that we used to buy an outfit, undies and sport top set, two treasure totes (they are 1.50 each felicity and Samantha), a felicity fun book, felicity mini doll, and felicity scene book :) (dd really like felicity but they don't make her anymore)

How old is your dd?

Younger children often like to cut their dolls' hair, "paint" their fingernails with marker, etc. I would just caution to be watchful of those things if your dd is the under 6 crowd. There is an AG doll hospital, but it can be costly, from what I understand.

I'll ask my dd, when she wakes up, if she does anything special to take care of hers (she's 11 - I don't care for her dolls anymore, lol).

One thing that has helped Kaya's hair stay nice (DD got her for her 6th birthday) is that after every play session, if DD's been playing with her hair at all, we reset to start-that is, we brush her hair out and rebraid it. Maybe not neatly or evenly, since DD doesn't have great fine motor skills, but still contained. Because of that, we haven't had the problems with tangles that a lot of people report for Kaya. Molly (my doll, but when DD has a friend over who doesn't have an AG doll, it's good to have a 2nd to play with) is the same way, even though her hair isn't as problematic as Kaya's.