Menu

Now that it's closer to Christmas, what are you getting your 12-15 yr old daughter?

HappyGrace

My dd is 15. So far, she's getting the following (from various family members):

fleece liners for her rain boots (for when it snows or is cold and rainy)

iphone 4S (but she won't be getting that until Jan. 1st when we are eligible for an upgrade)

1 ticket to an upcoming Taylor Swift concert (she's going with friends)

pair of Sperry boat shoes

a pair of earrings

some makeup and a cosmetic bag

a new backpack (Vera Bradley)

a hard case for her glasses (Vera Bradley)

a Tervis Tumbler travel cup

15yo is getting a tenor ukulele and a belly-dance gift box (actually it's for all the girls to share, a couple of instructional DVDs plus a few coined hip scarves). Still need to pick up a few smaller items to wrap/stocking stuff, a bit of make up and fresh personal toiletry items most likely).

Love the fleece boot liner idea, I'll have to keep my eyes open for them as I finish shopping.

14 yos

dd1 is getting: team peeta shirt, blowdryer, portable dvd player and some dvds, and 2 swimsuits (swim team-they always need suits)

dd2 is getting: Hogwarts alumni shirt, cookie monster pj pants, 2 swimsuits, Dr.Who tardis beach towel, and a Dr. Who tardis laplander, oh, and a One Direction calendar, I know there is something else, but can't remember what it is.

15yo is getting a tenor ukulele and a belly-dance gift box (actually it's for all the girls to share, a couple of instructional DVDs plus a few coined hip scarves). Still need to pick up a few smaller items to wrap/stocking stuff, a bit of make up and fresh personal toiletry items most likely).

Love the fleece boot liner idea, I'll have to keep my eyes open for them as I finish shopping.

I love that your girls are getting bellydance gear! If you want to add great zils to the box, order student Saroyan zils http://www.saroyanzils.com/store.html

I can recommend some great zil CDs for learning to play if anyone is interested. 🎵🎶ðŸ‘

My girls are 12 & 14. For their big gift, the oldest is getting a guitar and the youngest is getting a light pad (like a light box, but LED, so very bright and thin and cool).

Other stuff (from us and everyone else): fan books about Joss Whedon, Dr. Horrible, and the Hunger Games; drawing and film making books; costume jewelry; nail plates and stamper; art supplies

A necklace from Tiffany's (her choice, money is no object)

A new 52" TV

Her own iMac

An ipad 3 with 64 gb. ram

She is only 15, but I am going to go ahead and get her a car because she will be 16 soon.

Ok, I am kidding! I don't even have a daughter, I am just in a puchy mood at the moment

A new 52" TV

Her own iMac

She is only 15, but I am going to go ahead and get her a car because she will be 16 soon.

Ok, I am kidding! I don't even have a daughter, I am just in a puchy mood at the moment

:smilielol5: Good one!

A new 52" TV

Her own iMac

:eek: <---- that was me while reading your post

Item by item my thoughts were:

Whoa...

Oh my...!!

Wha... seriously???

Good grief!!

:lol: <---- that was me when I got to the end.

That was funny!

I love that your girls are getting bellydance gear! If you want to add great zils to the box, order student Saroyan zils http://www.saroyanzils.com/store.html

I can recommend some great zil CDs for learning to play if anyone is interested. 🎵🎶ðŸ‘

Thanks, KFP! Cool website! Never knew what these were called - zils. Just the name of 'em sounds fun! Look like perfect stocking stuffer size...

We are, frankly, true beginners. We all want/need a way to maintain/improve core strength that is also fun. Hence the belly dance gear. I think it will be fun.

A new 52" TV

Her own iMac

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

I had to read the "money is no object" part 3 times before it made sense.

12.5 yo:

makeup case with makeup, nail polish, brushes, small specialty soaps, samples of perfume, etc for experimentation (nothing but nail polish and lip gloss is allowed outside the house yet)

Creature Comforts dvd

amigurumi Ood (completed last night)

amigurumi Dr. Who (David Tennant) (almost finished)

crocheted weeping angel (started as an amigurumi pattern, but managed to grow a bit larger---10-12 inches or so--finished)

maybe an amigurumi dalek (if I can get the pattern to work out properly!)

beaded Tardis earrings (my husband is working on these)

itunes gift card ($10) and Target gift card ($5)

2 Dr Who buttons

portfolio case for her artwork

crocheted wrist warmers

From others, I know she is getting art supplies from her godparents, $10 from one set of grandparents, not sure about what she'll get from aunt/uncle and her other grandparents.

Youngest is now 15.

She received a few gifts early:

2 Yingfa 937 Lightning Sharkskin Kneeskin suits

2 holiday suits (Dolfin Uglies)

A new Speedo Performance Pro backpack, which I had embroidered with her name

She will also receive two books, a DVD series, and a ring, all of which are "thematic." (She's our aspiring astrophysicist.)

Actually, her sister received the same passel of early gifts, and her under-the-tree assortment will be similar, only her theme is marine mammal training.

They receive Sky & Telescope and Artist, respectively, so we renew those each year at Christmas.

They are also ardent Sonic fans, so we renewed their subscriptions. (*smile*)

We keep Christmas fairly low-key.

A box with some makeup and skincare products, including an Elle and Blair eye shadow pallate she wants

Just Dance for Wii

The Hunger Games DVD

$ to shop at Forever 21 a few weeks ago

A Tardis beach towel (may save this for bday)

Stocking stuffers - earbuds, inexpensive fun jewelry

From other family--a dress coat

My 12 year old is getting:

tickets to Universal so we can go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, delivered by an owl and "official" Hogswart letter :D

HP tshirt

HP candy

scarf/hat/gloves set

robe

a Trail of Painted Ponies horse

a pillow pet

She's getting legos, accessories, jewelry, an Adele CD, and some other odds and ends from family members.