Menu

I finally found the brief daily math-review eye-opener I dreamed of.

kalanamak

Math Minutes by Creative TEaching Press. Each page is 10 questions covering about 7 topics.

We are doing the 5th grade one which is almost all review for kiddo, but it reminds him of the territory we covered and makes him really see just how FAR he has come in math. So, review, encouragement, and a reminder to me what PS kids have covered that I have left out.

I reviewed it in a little more detail on Amazon for grade 5 (under kalanamak)

Thank you for Math Minutes suggestion! (here from the publisher, who gives an ebook option, and here at Amazon)... I will look at it. I also like Singapore's Math Sprints (2 minutes of work a day) for working on fast processing.

ETA -- if you have a chance, would you be willing to edit the OP to add a "math drill" tag or something like that? I don't think I can tag it myself ... :)

Math Minutes are also great for standardized test prep. Every year my kids have done MM's for test prep, there have been several items on the actual test that they learned from MMs, e.g., the definition of a dozen and how to use tally marks, that were not covered in our math curriculum.

Terri

I would like to purchase this. If my dd just started 6th grade, do I want the 5th or 6th grade? I am thinking 5th since this is review.

Sandy

Let's see, 5th grade day 8 has rounding 684 to the nearest 100, an addition problem of two 3-digit numbers, the statement "Write an equation for 'the product of 12 and 8'."

A multiplication math fact, a true or false after a technical definition of a prime number, a time question, 64 divided by 8, a naming of a shape (octagon), 1 g = __mg, and a circle the answer for 203 divided by 2.

Day number 97 has circle the fraction equivalent to 5/6, with choices of 15/12. 12/18, 30/36; using a < or > or = in two close millions numbers; asking if two shapes are similar or congruent; 18.86 divided by 2; "write 17% as a fraction"; a subtraction problem of 6 digits; 1/2+3/8; 10mm= ___cm; a simple find the area of a triangle; 1/9X5/8.

I have kiddo do his with a time limit, but not one minute. HTH.

Let's see, 5th grade day 8 has rounding 684 to the nearest 100, an addition problem of two 3-digit numbers, the statement "Write an equation for 'the product of 12 and 8'."

A multiplication math fact, a true or false after a technical definition of a prime number, a time question, 64 divided by 8, a naming of a shape (octagon), 1 g = __mg, and a circle the answer for 203 divided by 2.

Day number 97 has circle the fraction equivalent to 5/6, with choices of 15/12. 12/18, 30/36; using a < or > or = in two close millions numbers; asking if two shapes are similar or congruent; 18.86 divided by 2; "write 17% as a fraction"; a subtraction problem of 6 digits; 1/2+3/8; 10mm= ___cm; a simple find the area of a triangle; 1/9X5/8.

I have kiddo do his with a time limit, but not one minute. HTH.

Is the idea that they're supposed to do all that in one minute? Wow! My ds can't even pick up his pencil in less than a minute.

Thanks for the page-level detail. It would be nice if amazon had Look Inside, so I could see other grade levels.

Is the idea that they're supposed to do all that in one minute? Wow! My ds can't even pick up his pencil in less than a minute.

Thanks for the page-level detail. It would be nice if amazon had Look Inside, so I could see other grade levels.

The link to the publisher (above) has previews of each grade level.

Theoretically, I think it is, but if you just give a minute, they never get to the best stuff, which is often at the end of the page. I give 2 or 3 minutes, but I do time them. It is not necessary, of course, but I have one who would never finish without a time limit.

Terri