Menu

Shooting at an elementary school in CT.

MiniBlondes

This is my hometown.

My brother is at the Middle School, in lock down. My mom called me and barely had any words.

I've heard that both the principle and school psychologist were killed, and the vice principle was shot in the foot...

:grouphug:

I grew up in Monroe.

My mom taught at Head O Meadow and Hawley Elementary - I thought she taught at Sandy Hook, but I was mistaken.

I'm just sick over this. Sick, and shaken.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 dead as of right now. What the h*** is wrong with people today? What have we (general "we" - society) done to our young people that this is becoming "commonplace"?

It really makes me angry.

My fear is that we're medicating too many people and thinking that we're helping them.

When I hear these tragic stories on the news, like the Portland area mall shooting just a few days ago, I'm not interested in the interviews with ex-girlfriends or neighbors. I just want to know what the bloodwork on the shooter shows.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/01/07/top-ten-legal-drugs-linked-to-violence/

What have we (general "we" - society) done to our young people that this is becoming "commonplace"?

IMO- violent video games/movies, loss of morals/lack of Christian values, medicating children, drug/alcohol use with young adults, dealing with bullies, major economic issues, broken families...

I have no problems with guns... a gun in the wrong hands- that's the problem.

My fear is that we're medicating too many people and thinking that we're helping them.

When I hear these tragic stories on the news, like the Portland area mall shooting just a few days ago, I'm not interested in the interviews with ex-girlfriends or neighbors. I just want to know what the bloodwork on the shooter shows.

http://healthland.ti...ed-to-violence/

That would be real interesting information, assuming we are getting the truth.

My kids were in school on 9/11. I went and picked them up. I needed them to be with me. When I got there, the foyer was filled with parents hustling their kids home. The school completely understood, and did an excellent, calm job of dismissing children, most of whom did not know what had happened. I do remember a father walking out of the school with his older sons who had found out (probably in computer lab). I heard the father say, "They are gone, just gone", when one kid kept talking about Widows on the World restaurant where they had recently dined. The boy kept saying, "What do you mean gone?" like it was a dream.

What I am saying is it's not crazy or unusual to want to be with your kids when something horrifying happens.

I was 19 and living with my boyfriend(now husband). My dad called me at work and asked to me come home(to their house) for dinner and to just stay the night. And I did.

No one in the kindergarten class has been accounted for. I'm afraid he killed all of them. Only three have been taken to hospitals. The triage unit at the school has been dismantled, meaning, there are no more survivors. There's a special place in hell for someone who can point a gun at a kindergartner and pull the trigger.

IMO- violent video games/movies, loss of morals/lack of Christian values, medicating children, drug/alcohol use with young adults, dealing with bullies, major economic issues, broken families...

I have no problems with guns... a gun in the wrong hands- that's the problem.

While I agree with most of your list, I just want to point out that Christians are not the only ones with "values" and "morals."

astrid

No one in the kindergarten class has been accounted for. I'm afraid he killed all of them. Only three have been taken to hospitals. The triage unit at the school has been dismantled, meaning, there are no more survivors. There's a special place in hell for someone who can point a gun at a kindergartner and pull the trigger.

Are these kindergartners included in the 18 dead count? Or could this possibly mean more? :(

My kindergartener is playing Legos upstairs with his brother. They are having a great time. I cannot understand this. I want to vomit just thinking about those innocent little faces, and the parents who have to identify their children. Oh my gosh... :crying: :crying: :crying:

A.Babalan - I'm so sorry. My sister just brought up a good point - did he have any siblings?

I cannot stop crying.

If it is the Ryan that I knew he had one younger brother.

OMG. I just heard on Facebook that it's NOT the kid that I knew. Seems hard to believe in such a coincidence, but I am praying that it is. Hopefully it is just crossed information.

This is so horrifying.

My children have never gone to school so this might be an ignorant question but, do some schools have metal detectors or locked doors to prevent this? I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive. I'm just curious if schools routinely have security to prevent such tragedies as this.

Elise in NC

This is so horrifying.

My children have never gone to school so this might be an ignorant question but, do some schools have metal detectors or locked doors to prevent this? I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive. I'm just curious if schools routinely have security to prevent such tragedies as this.

Elise in NC

Beats me. I think you are asking the wrong crowd.

This is so horrifying.

Elise in NC

Some do but not in an upper middle class elementary school. The schools I have seen with them are in the bad parts of town.

This is my hometown.

My brother is at the Middle School, in lock down. My mom called me and barely had any words.

I've heard that both the principle and school psychologist were killed, and the vice principle was shot in the foot...

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I finally stopped crying long enough to come here. I just kept looking at my 2 and thinking how blessed that they are right here and I can see they are safe. I just can;'t fathom the sheer terror of being told that your child may be among a list of victims. So many families effected...Looking at a Christmas tree with presents under it for a child that will never come home again...I just can't handle this type of stuff. why????

I finally stopped crying long enough to come here. I just kept looking at my 2 and thinking how blessed that they are right here and I can see they are safe. I just can;'t fathom the sheer terror of being told that your child may be among a list of victims. So many families effected...Looking at a Christmas tree with presents under it for a child that will never come home again...I just can't handle this type of stuff. why????

This is what I keep thinking of. Those poor parents. This time of year especially.