Menu

You horse folks can appreciate this, lol.

Live2Ride

I have been looking for a new aluminum bumper pull slant load trailer for a while and was getting discouraged at the prices being asked. Many of them were listed for more than what I had already saved and though I was selling my other trailer too, I couldn't be without one. I still needed the money from both to try and afford the new aluminum ones I'd been looking at.... I only had a small stock trailer not really big enough for more than two smaller horses and my girlfriends big gooseneck stock trailer. It would straight load four horses, but Jeaux didn't like being still in there. I figured a slant would be much better and I wanted to have a tack room.

I sold my little trailer 2 weeks ago. Then saw a few slant loads that looked promising, but none were aluminum. I almost got a CW steel slant load as I like that brand and it was still in great shape, but someone snatched it up.

Then I found an aluminum one posted and it was only 8 miles from my house! I called about it because it seemed to be listed much cheaper than I was used to seeing. The lady called me back and I went to see it Tuesday. I asked if they'd take payments or if I put what I had down on it (over half) would they hold it until I sold the big one I had (and I'd had a few bites already). I also asked if they'd come down any because I still needed to buy another saddle for the new mare...she said she would talk with her husband. I called her again that night to let her know that I really wanted it and since we were both local it would be great if they'd work with me, then we chatted a good long while :). The wife said she wanted to hold it for me so I was so excited.

Then yesterday a fella called about the gooseneck I was selling and came today and bought it! I texted the wife and told her that I have the money and they even dropped the price a little lower. So nice. So hopefully tomorrow I'll have the trailer!

This is the exact trailer I'm buying, but for much less than the asking price on this website. I am stoked! It's hardly been used!

http://www.trailersforsale.com/horse_55.html

That is fabulous! I am so jealous! I don't have a horse trailer. We have a stock trailer, it's aluminum. It's handy for me because dh can come and get me, the pony and the cart or wagon if I break down.

I used to have a little two horse trailer and I sold it because I was always hauling more than two. But the arena I use is just two miles down the road. I usually pony someone in behind the pony cart.

Congratulations. Finds like that are great!

Can I just say that my horse is now completely different when riding in this trailer! I am uterly amazed at the difference it has made for him. In the old stock load, he would scream out and bang around shifting back and forth. You couldn't tie him for fear he'd get hung up. In this he's good and quiet!