Menu

Photos??

Jane in NC

Hello Other John.

Several of us have had some problems attaching photos lately. When I attempt to upload a photo, a failure message occurs but I am presented with the option of an advanced uploader. When I try this second option I receive an error message:

You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments

I know you are inundated but I wanted to bring the issue to your attention.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jane

I'm going to try and post a picture here that the properties lists as 874 KB. Before I even try to attach a file, there is a statement beside "Choose Files" that says "You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments." I tried to go in and delete some photos on old posts so that they weren't in the attachments in "My Media". I thought that might free up space. When I tried to do it, it says "The upload failed".

Go into your user control panel (my settings) and then "manage attachements" should appear in the left navigation. You can then delete old pics from there.

ETA: I've been getting the same message. Now I will see if I can upload a pic:

Seems to have worked!

Go into your user control panel (my settings) and then "manage attachements" should appear in the left navigation. You can then delete old pics from there.

Seems to have worked!

Thank you for pointing this out. I couldn't believe it only allows 500K of storage. I'm having to delete all my photos from past posts. I hated to do that on a couple in case people search for information on those topics. I only know how to resize photos by going into Paint and reducing the size. Is there a better way?

Seems to have worked!

Hmmm....I can't find this. I'm in the control panel....but there isn't anything that says anything about manage attachements. Any idea where else to find this?

ETA: Never mind. I think I found it. I thought you meant my computers actual control panel.....didn't think you meant a control panel here. LOL! I'll try it later and see if it works.

Thank you for pointing this out. I couldn't believe it only allows 500K of storage. I'm having to delete all my photos from past posts. I hated to do that on a couple in case people search for information on those topics. I only know how to resize photos by going into Paint and reducing the size. Is there a better way?

I've been using shrinkpictures.com to resize my pics.

I just deleted a TON of pictures...most from forever ago. It still says I've exceeded my limit. I still have 11 on there. But, if I add them up...it's like over 1176K, so I'm not sure I understand even why they are showing up. But, anyway...I still won't be able to add any new pics until I cut it down. Hard part is...they are all on my for sale ads. I thought adding a pic would be helpful in selling....but now I'll have to rethink that.

John, is there any way that the 500K can be increased (it must have been way bigger than that on the old forum)? 500K is really only enough for maybe a handful of pics....just one of mine on my for sale ad says it's 147.88K (most are ranging around the high 80's to high 90's).

I use Lightroom, and to me that pic didn't look very re-sized...

There has always been this limit, but it's never actually been a problem before. I know I had way more than 500k in images. I guess if it's going to actually be enforced, we will have to post images elsewhere and link or constantly delete as we go.