Menu

Question about Amazon Accounts

Live2Ride

Can I set my dd up an account on Amazon but attached to mine, for her soon to be Christmas gift of a Kindle. What about for music and such. Her grandmother gave her a good bit of money on a gift card, but I don't want to add it to my account because she can't keep track of it there. She will want to download songs and books with it I'm sure. Is there a way to get her an account attached to mine?

Thanks!

Oh and for those who saw my most recent posting about her, she and I are doing better. I haven't raised my voice once in three days at her...no engaging at all. Most of today she has tried a little, but I would just look at her after I gave her my first answer and wait for her to stop and then realize I was done...big step from last week :)

I am no expert, as what I know comes from researching this issue for my own kids (they're getting Kindle Fires for Christmas), but this is what I understand.

You'll need to register the Kindle under your account. She can get her own account, where she can deposit her gift cards. Then when she buys a book or song, there's some way for her to "gift" it to you, so she can put it on her kindle. It sounds like a cumbersome process to me, but that's probably what I'm going to do with my kids, so we can share apps, Prime videos, and books.

The other option would be to just get her her own account, but then you couldn't share your cloud stuff.

Hopefully someone else has a better solution. I'm all ears.

I am no expert, as what I know comes from researching this issue for my own kids (they're getting Kindle Fires for Christmas), but this is what I understand.

You'll need to register the Kindle under your account. She can get her own account, where she can deposit her gift cards. Then when she buys a book or song, there's some way for her to "gift" it to you, so she can put it on her kindle. It sounds like a cumbersome process to me, but that's probably what I'm going to do with my kids, so we can share apps, Prime videos, and books.

The other option would be to just get her her own account, but then you couldn't share your cloud stuff.

Hopefully someone else has a better solution. I'm all ears.

This is my understanding as well.