Menu

RV homeschoolers..

What is your setup for online computer work. Do you have a satellite with a desktop or laptop with cards?

What is best, we are looking into buying satellite so we can go on road and have dd's still connected to online school.

Any help,

Jet

I wouldn't think Sat would be the way to go - ti's a pretty precise install, and frankly one i would NOT want to do while on the road.

HUnt around treocentral.com and see if Sprint is still doing the SERO plan and get a modem card that way, the cheapest i know of (i'm not in the market). Looks like they are - but now you need an actual sprint employee number to use.

You can get a "card" that is USB and use it in a desktop too.

I wouldn't think Sat would be the way to go - ti's a pretty precise install, and frankly one i would NOT want to do while on the road.

HUnt around treocentral.com and see if Sprint is still doing the SERO plan and get a modem card that way, the cheapest i know of (i'm not in the market). Looks like they are - but now you need an actual sprint employee number to use.

You can get a "card" that is USB and use it in a desktop too.

Oh, so the card will plug into desktop and work, are there monthly fees like phone, or can you do pay as you go.

Also, why have a sat., is it for more tv channels.

Jet

The forum posted will answer a lot, but yes, there is a monthly fee for the cards just like a phone.

The sat for internet isn't the same one as the one for TV. You'd need 2. The INternet sat is bigger and 2 directional (when we had it it was one way, sat down, phone up). Everything goes up and down thru the dish - it takes a professional longer to instal it than a normal sat dish.

Have fun traveling!