Menu

Need a Christmas gift idea for new employer

Dobela

After over a year of prayer and looking and interviewing, my dh was offered a new job with regular pay last Friday and he began Monday. At Christmas I usually gave small gifts to his co-workers and boss (all 3 of them) at his last job. At his new job he is working for the owner and his wife, there are no other employees. Since he started Monday, and I just met them yesterday, I have no idea of what token to give. I don't have much money, and I don't know if there are food preferences, and all that.... They seem to be great people, very involved in the community and very excited to have my husband as their employee.

What would you give? I would prefer it cost less than $10 if possible. And no, I had not made or bought anything for the old job yet so I can't just give it to the new people.

Thanks!

I am assumming it is. Partly because we are in the south and it is a small company. I may just send a platter of cookies or something that they can share with their customers.

Dh works for a small company in the south.. only the "company" gives gifts to the employees, unless they decide to do a "dirty Santa" kind of exchange at their Christmas party, which they do some years at the parties, but not always. Sort of depends on where they're having the party that particular year.

If you are SURE that it would be well received and not perceived as the new guy "brown nosing", then a shared platter would be the only thing I would consider. But personally, I would wait & see if others do anything first. The new guy does not need to put pressure on the co-workers to do something they had not intended to do, which something like this might do.

My dh is the new guy, and the only other guy. There are no other employees or co-workers other than the owner of the small business and his wife. At his former job there were other employees. I don't want the owner and his wife to feel obligated to do anything, but I also want to be prepared in case they do.