Menu

trouble with rainbow resources?

LEK

Has anyone else had trouble ordering through rainbow resources?

I placed an order on 6 November, and received confirmation of that order. That is the sum total of our correspondence. There was no indication on this confirmation about backorders, just proof that the order had been placed.

3 weeks later my package arrived (apparently there were a few items on backorder, no prior notification of this at all) hence the delay, fine but 2 items were missing. Checking through the fine print on the invoice and these are still on back order. Ok, I guess they will arrive soon or I will be notified about their status, nope to both. Emailed them today by replying to the single email I have ever received from them, it is now over 5 weeks since placing my initial order so over 5 weeks since they had corresponded with me in any way to ask about the status of these 2 items and have just received a very rude response informing me that in future I need to include ALL correspondence in my enquiries (I had, that email IS IT!) and implying that I am being rude and impatient for hassling about my order, and that i should know its status, HOW I should know its status I have no idea, I have had no correspondence with them in 5 weeks!

I am very disappointed in their service, that email was downright rude and insulting. I have waited 5 weeks with no correspondence whatsoever so I simply sent an email asking when they expect these items would be back in stock/when they will be posted. Is it too much to ask to be informed that the items are actually on back order, and even to inform me of when they will be/were posted? Honestly I feel that 5 weeks is a long time to have no idea about an order especially seeing these were relatively expensive items, my missing order was worth over $80.

Very disappointed. Has anyone else had similar trouble before?

Any possible way they have been corresponding with you, but the e-mails were sent to your spam folder? I've only ordered from them 3 time and I've never had an issue, but I have heard of other people having issues with them. In fact, I've heard of them being very rude when you call. My only contact with them ever has been through e-mail.

That is terrible! I have placed several orders with them over a four year period and have never experienced anything like that. My last order was placed about 2 weeks ago (only 6 items) and it arrived super fast. I don't see why being an international order would make a difference, but perhaps it does. If they did not answer your questions about your order, I would definately be contacting them again and acknowledge that you have already made an inquiry and they had failed to provide a response. Hope it is worked out soon!

I've ordered from them twice and had great service (international to Canada). The first time I forgot to include an item and when I called the next day they were able to add it to the order. One item was back ordered and they sent an email letting me know. The full order shipped 2 days later.

The second time I ordered through RR was this Black Friday. They shipped it during the weekend and it arrived a week ago. I was very happy with their service.

I have ordered twice with RR. First time was perfect ( Ordered Jan/Feb this year and it only took a week or so to get to Australia). Second time was August this year.

I had the initial email confirmation and then nothing. A week later I called them (the lady who answered was very nice) and they told me some things were on backorder and the whole thing would be sent next day. Took nearly a month to get here and the box was sent to Buenes Aires first!!!

Next time I order (in a couple of months) I am going to be ringing them about shipping options and to check if any of my items are on backorder.

It only cost me a couple of dollars to call the US from Australia. The phone call was no longer than 5 mins.

I ordered from them in July and received all but one item 3 weeks later (with no correspondence explaining why it took 3 weeks when originally everything was marked in stock). It was another 2 months I think before my last item arrived with no correspondence in the interim. It was weird.

I had to reply to say that the past few weeks I've had excellent customer service from Rainbow. There was an item on my last order that was backordered. They shipped the rest of my order last week. Called me on Monday this week to tell me that the item wasn't expected in until December 17th but that they would ship it right away UPS ground and I should get it by Christmas. Today they called and had found out that the backordered item wouldn't be in until January. I ended up cancelling the item (because I found it elsewhere) but I thought it was really good of them to call me twice this week to keep me up-to-date.

Maybe they are trying to improve because this was the first time I've ever had phone calls regarding backordered items.

I think you have to understand them in order not to get bent about their shipping. I've done several smaller orders over the years with good success. The one time I placed a large order I was a little upset about how the books where simply thrown in the box. I'm anal about condition of books that I buy new. In those cases, I'm willing to pay a bit more for tracked shipping and well packaged books. CBD has good tracking, Amazon is still my go to place, but I'm passed the stage of buying a lot of packaged curriculum. I think they play a valuable role in homeschooling and they do provide service. It's just not consistent or entirely up to date as some other places.

I know a lot of people who call after placing an order online to make sure nothing is backordered.

I only buy from RR when I have to. I find their shipping to be slow and, as mentioned previously, stuff is obviously thrown in the box. I have not been warned when something was back ordered only to have it show up weeks later. I would really like to know if something I order isn't in stock so I can make a decision about my order.