Menu

Can't Wait for Friday! Hobbit Related.

TraciWA

Dd12 had been planning on going to the midnight showing for the last several months. However reality has set in and that won't happen. We have tickets to a local production of the Nutcracker for 10 am on Friday so an all-nighter is out. Our teen lit club has decided to forgo this week's short story selection for the Hobbit. We will be meeting at the 1:45 show instead of our 3pm meeting.

We're not going Friday, but I bought tickets this morning for next week. DH and I both want to see it with the three big kids the first time they see it, so we need to wait until my parents are in town, so that we can leave the baby (who isn't going to sit through it) with my mom. It's my dad's favorite book, so he's really excited about the movie too; we're taking him with us, and then Mom doesn't have to sit through it just to keep Dad company. It is a win all around!

I just checked our favorite theater (fork and screen where you can eat and watch the movie) and it is playing there. We won't get to see it till Tuesday though.

We LOVE fork & screen! Hard to watch anyplace else when you're used to that. I want to play hooky Friday and see it, but my dd has choir at public school right smack in the middle of the day (it's a for-credit high school class, and her director takes absences very seriously). Hmmm....I don't want to wait until the school are out for the holidays, though. Decisions!

My husband has been planning to take Friday off since they announced when the opening was. He and my 10yo are all excited to go. I made the 10yo a costume (he dressed up for opening day of the last few Harry Potters). I made him incredible feet but I can't get the picture to load for some reason. But they are really great Hobbit feet! To be honest I'm much more excited to take pictures of my son in his costume than I am of the movie. I can take or leave the Tolkien stuff.