Menu

WWE Student Pages

Does anyone know what the difference is for WWE Workbook 1 which sells for $34.95 and the Student Pages for $11.95. It says they are consumable sheets for WWE Workbook 1. You can purchase it instead of making copies from the workbook for other students. I didn't realize you can make copies, this will save some dollars down the line:thumbup:. I thought I was going to have to buy one student workbook per child.

I'm just wondering what is the use of the workbook when you can purchase the student pages for less:001_huh: I already purchased the Student Workbook though.

Blessings,

The student workbook has the pages for the student to complete as well as parent instruction pages in the back. The student pages has only the pages for the student. Yes, you are allowed to make copies of the student workbook for your family only. The student pages are for the people that don't want to have to make copies.

Jan

The beginning of the student workbook is like the story of the world activity guide. It has the teacher/parent instruction pages, the stories to be read aloud, review questions, things to point out/instruct the child on.

The back half of the book is the student pages section. I took all my student pages out and put them in a 3 ring binder so I can pull them out and copy for the upcoming week. Then, I went to OfficeMax and had them turn the book into spiralbound for $3.29. Now, I can keep it open to the right page and it is HALF the bulk to carry around - no reason to carry around all the student pages. I did that with AG for SOTW, too.

Thanks ladies, I get it now:001_smile:. I am so glad that they have this. This is one thing I don't like about other curriculums because you have to smash your book down on the copier and I always have a black line on one side. No matter how careful I am. I prefer it to be copied for me and I love that PHP has that option:D

Blessings,

So if I already own the WWE text, I could buy the student pages and have copywork and narration material, etc, ready to go, and not need to buy the workbook? The workbook only adds the info from the WWE text?

I'm sorry for being dense, I'm confused now and I spent so much on two workbooks that I'd love to cancel my order and buy the student pages if they are the same thing at much less expense. :confused:

So if I already own the WWE text, I could buy the student pages and have copywork and narration material, etc, ready to go, and not need to buy the workbook? The workbook only adds the info from the WWE text?

I'm sorry for being dense, I'm confused now and I spent so much on two workbooks that I'd love to cancel my order and buy the student pages if they are the same thing at much less expense. :confused:

Hmmm....I didn't think about that. Yikes! I'm confused again:001_huh:.

But to tell you the truth, I like the looks of the workbook :)

The workbook only adds the info from the WWE text?
Nope. The textbook only provides "samples" of a few weeks' copywork sentences and passages for narrations--they are there to serve as illustrations so that those who want to do the WWE but pull together their own copywork and narration can see a of what they're looking for. The workbook provides copywork and narration passages for the whole year. To (over)simplify, the textbook shows you how the lessons are supposed to look so you can build your own; the workbook actually provides the lessons for you.

HTH.

Susan

:blink:

Nope. The textbook only provides "samples" of a few weeks' copywork sentences and passages for narrations--they are there to serve as illustrations so that those who want to do the WWE but pull together their own copywork and narration can see a of what they're looking for. The workbook provides copywork and narration passages for the whole year. To (over)simplify, the textbook shows you how the lessons are supposed to look so you can build your own; the workbook actually provides the lessons for you.

HTH.

Susan

I understand that we need the WWE Text. The workbook provides the the copywork and so forth but what I think Nicole is asking is; can she get by with the WWE Text and the Student Pages and not purchase the Workbook? Is that what you are asking Nicole?

Since I don't have it all in front of me I can't answer:confused: Sorry if I'm confusing things more:001_unsure:

The book is the layout of the program...it gives details on the first few weeks of something and then you need to provide the copywork/narration bases. It's all you need if you are the kind who can find sources for these kind of things.

The workbook is all you need if you go that route. it has ALL the teacher notes as well as the copywork/narration to do with more details for each section as it's more laid out for you than the text.

she said you need one or the other but not both. Hope this helps!

She said you need one or the other but not both. Hope this helps!

What?! I totally missed that and have ordered both! :toetap05: I wanted to use the workbook so I didn't have to run down all my own quotes, etc. Did not realize I didn't need the WWE book in that case.

Grrrrr....

I dont know, there is sooooo much info in the WWE text that i "thought" wasnt in the WB.

Also, if you want to know where you are going with this curriculum.....the text has all that in it for you.

It would seem to me that the WB wouldnt give you enough background as to the philosophy of the program and the future goals and such.

I ordered both, and am glad i did. I wanted to see the big picture...KWIM?

BTW, Overstock has the BEST price! It was like 18.oo something for the text!!

The text explains the process and stages for the first 4 years and gives SAMPLES for a couple of weeks.

The workbook gives those same samples - and then the other 34 weeks of instruction with stories, copywork, etc.

So...next year, you will only need the year 2 workbook. If I were going to CHOOSE - I'd get the workbook, but I got both and plan to read the text this weekend even though we already started the workbook this week.

What?! I totally missed that and have ordered both! :toetap05: I wanted to use the workbook so I didn't have to run down all my own quotes, etc. Did not realize I didn't need the WWE book in that case.

Grrrrr....

Same here :ack2: I bought both. If I would have know I would have only purchased the Workbooks:glare: Oh, well at least I don't have to wonder if I missed anything.

I don't think you could just use the text and student pages, because then you wouldn't have the passages to read to the child for the narration that the student pages are asking for. Only the 1st week of a section is given to you in the text then the basic outline for the other weeks so you can pick your own passages for narration etc. The student pages would then have a narration page say for Year 1 week 4, but you wouldn't have the passage to read to them since that's not in the text.

I think you could do it with just the Workbook, but then you wouldn't have the great intro pages that give you the basic reasoning behind how the program works.

Not sure if I made any sense

So there is still one question unanswered :confused1: Can you get by with the WWE Text and the Student Worksheets that are selling for $11.95?

I am still keeping m workbook though, but just to clarify for others:leaving:

Editing: Kel & I were typing at the same time and she answered the above question. Makes sense ;) Thanks!

:blink:

I understand that we need the WWE Text. The workbook provides the the copywork and so forth but what I think Nicole is asking is; can she get by with the WWE Text and the Student Pages and not purchase the Workbook? Is that what you are asking Nicole?

Since I don't have it all in front of me I can't answer:confused: Sorry if I'm confusing things more:001_unsure:

Yes, that's it exactly. Thanks for clarifying that for me Linda!

I don't think you could just use the text and student pages, because then you wouldn't have the passages to read to the child for the narration that the student pages are asking for. Only the 1st week of a section is given to you in the text then the basic outline for the other weeks so you can pick your own passages for narration etc. The student pages would then have a narration page say for Year 1 week 4, but you wouldn't have the passage to read to them since that's not in the text.

I think you could do it with just the Workbook, but then you wouldn't have the great intro pages that give you the basic reasoning behind how the program works.

Not sure if I made any sense

Thank you! That was a great explanation, I think I understand now. I bought the text and 2 workbooks, it sounds like I could have bought the text, 1 workbook, and a set of student sheets (since both my students will be using the same level workbook), but I could not completely skip the workbook, and the text is good to have for an overview of the whole program.