Menu

Calling those who do Embroidery

mom31257

I would love to make something like this iphone cover. I am looking for You Tube videos to help me make stitches, but I don't know all the names. What do you call the stitches that go out to the little pink knots and on the bigger leaves? Could you also tell me if the person who made this would have cut out the leaves and background petals behind the buttons, or would this be something purchased? Those seem so perfectly cut that I don't think I could make them look so nice.

Thanks for your help!

I think the stitches are back stitch and french knot. The flowers look like they were cut out using a scrapbook punch that could handle heavier material. It's been a loooong time since I embroidered though so hopefully someone will jump in with more information or to correct me.

Thank you. I haven't done any needlework in years and mostly did cross stitch when i was doing any. Hopefully I can pull it off. Can you also tell me the name of the stitches going from the flower to the knots?

I believe those are stem stitch, while the leaves are made with satin stitch. The Embroiderer's Guild site has some simple stitch diagrams here: http://www.embroider...ches/index.html The post mentions die cuts for the flowers, though I'm not sure if she used a scrapbooking punch or some kind of quilting tool. I usually stick with counted-thread work because my free embroidery usually ends up looking a fright. :)

Good luck with your project - the example is lovely!