Menu

Quick hair help?

mommymilkies

You were all so helpful last time. But I need to change my hair again. The color is growing out and it is still lank, thin, but frizzy. I have no idea how to style hair and I wear it up all but maybe 3 days a year, so I was thinking of cutting it really short. I did this ages ago in middle/high school and liked it.

My biggest problem is that I already look like a pixie, so this might not help the situation. Lol

This is me on Halloween (Punky Brewster). The black is growing out. It was supposed to be medium brown to just cover the colored highlights...but the wrong color was in the box!

IMG_5580.jpg

What I'm thinking:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/film/scotlands-young-film-and-tv-stars-a-b.2012107661

If you google Kate Bracken it will give you more pictures. I love her hair and it would be awesome to stop wearing ponytails for awhile. I am going somewhere I can get it cut tomorrow, so I have until about 8 a.m. To decide. :)

Will I look too much like a boy? Like a pixie? Anyone care to talk me into or out of it? My dh says go for it, but my kids say no.

How long is your hair? I can't really see what your hair is like. I don't think I do so great at styling my hair and I usually let it grow and have a ponytail also. Now I'm using gel and spray, hair dryer and styling brush. I got it cut last month above the collar. My stylist, who had cut the length over the summer, was honest with me about the styles I chose in relation to my hair. I wanted it really short too and she said no because it would be a great effort to style it since I have so much wave in my hair, not a lot of curliness, but weird wave. It would stick out. It seems thick, but my hair is not very fine or coarse. Your little cute one might be mad at you for a couple of days if you get it cut short, just a warning!

Maybe a bob with side bangs? http://hairstylesweekly.com/bob-hairstyles/krysta-rodriguez-short-bob-hairstyle-with-side-bangs/

Or something like Emma Watson? http://www.playmakeronline.com/2012/02/14/emma-watson-to-star-in-guillermo-del-toros-beauty-and-the-beast/

The only advice I have is that you can always go back to make it shorter...but you can't undo a drastically short haircut. I would start with something a little more conservative. But maybe I'm just too timid. 😛

Their hair is waaaay straighter than mine. Sorry for the bad picture-I'm allergic to pictures, so they are hard to find. :coolgleamA: My hair is sometimes curly enough for banana curls at the ends but usually wavy. It's just thin and lank right now. I used to have hair so thick it would break elastic bands daily.

Here is a better one with me wearing my hair back, as usual.

IMG_5422.jpg[/img]

Do you want to wear it wavy? My hair is wavy and I have long layers cut into it, and then usually I put curl cream in it and scrunch it to encourage the curl. I'm terrible at photos but I'll *try* to put one in here. If I blow dry my hair, it is straighter but not perfectly straight. I'd have to use a straightener for that.

Do you want to wear it wavy? My hair is wavy and I have long layers cut into it, and then usually I put curl cream in it and scrunch it to encourage the curl. I'm terrible at photos but I'll *try* to put one in here. If I blow dry my hair, it is straighter but not perfectly straight. I'd have to use a straightener for that.

This is a good one. Your hair would probably take care of itself cut short and styled like PrairieSong suggests.