Menu

What do you need to buy to use Zaner-Bloser handwriting?

bttrflyvld

Is there a homeschool edition for zaner-bloser handwriting?

No, there's no homeschool edition, but the regular edition is wonderful for homeschoolers.

What do you need to buy? Just the Student edition?

If you buy just the student edition is it still a full handwriting program?

You only need the student edition. At the bottom of each page, it clearly shows how to make each letter, so that's all you need. I go over that with my dd, have her do it in the air and then on scrap paper. Once she's got the general idea, then she completes the page. Every few letters, they have a review page. I've used K up to 4 and have found it very thorough.

Also how many pages/lessons does the kindergarten have?

I think there was about 140 pages in the K book. We do one page a day and that's just right for my 5yo dd. My 10yo ds also does one page of day, but in the 4th grade book.

You can see samples here: http://www.zaner-blo...ser-handwriting

(Go to the gray bar and click "samples.")

No, there's no homeschool edition, but the regular edition is wonderful for homeschoolers.

You only need the student edition. At the bottom of each page, it clearly shows how to make each letter, so that's all you need. I go over that with my dd, have her do it in the air and then on scrap paper. Once she's got the general idea, then she completes the page. Every few letters, they have a review page. I've used K up to 4 and have found it very thorough.

I think there was about 140 pages in the K book. We do one page a day and that's just right for my 5yo dd. My 10yo ds also does one page of day, but in the 4th grade book.

You can see samples here: http://www.zaner-blo...ser-handwriting

(Go to the gray bar and click "samples.")

:iagree: I also have an example of the result of the K level on my blog if you're interested.

We also got the lined paper for each grade for more practice, which is only another $10, I think.

:iagree: I also have an example of the result of the K level on my blog if you're interested.

We also got the lined paper for each grade for more practice, which is only another $10, I think.

I forgot about that! Yes, we also bought the matching lined paper to practice. I loved having paper with the exact same lines & colors. It made it so easy for my dc. Down the road, I also found it very helpful to use the paper when we did copywork and eventually dictation.

I've also frequently used their free "Fonts Online" program to generate my own copywork. I love how it perfectly matches the Zaner-Bloser books! :)