Menu

Oh my, kids say the funniest things...

This morning, I read a story about Martin Luther King Jr. to my kids and my son said "If I was a bus driver, I would sit everyone in a pattern"

Me: "ummmmmm, ok? well.... I think people could sit where ever they want, don't you?"

he says "I think you're right that would be better."

Then he says after sitting silently for a moment "The world wouldn't be very colorful if everyone was the same color" to which my DD replied "especially if no one was pink because pink is soooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!"

to which my DS replies, "oh yeah... or like daddy, he has different color skin than us but we still love him because everyone is the same on the inside, same bones and muscles right?"

my reply: "well... actually, Daddy has the same color skin as us, he's white"

DS: laughing, shaking his head :lol:: "mommy, dad has dark skin, I have tan skin and you have white skin"

Then to end this, ahem, interesting conversation, he says " I bet MLK is walking around now so proud of himself" I said, well actually a very bad person shot and killed him. DS's face turned bright red and he said "then when I am 9 and am allowed to have a gun, I'll shoot that bad guy!"

...and that ends our funny conversation because now we have to have the whole gun/no shooting - even bad guys talk.

This morning, I read a story about Martin Luther King Jr. to my kids and my son said "If I was a bus driver, I would sit everyone in a pattern" Me: "ummmmmm, ok? well.... I think people could sit where ever they want, don't you?" he says I think your right that would be better.

Then he says after sitting silently for a moment "The world wouldn't be very colorful if everyone was the same color" to which my DD replied "especially if no one was pink because pink is soooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!"

to which my DS replies, "oh yeah... or like daddy, he has different color skin than us but we still love him because everyone is the same on the inside, same bones and muscles right?"

my reply: "well... actually, Daddy has the same color skin as us, he's white"

DS: laughing, shaking his head :lol:: "mommy, dad has dark skin, I have tan skin and you have white skin"

Then to end this, ahem, interesting conversation, he says " I bet MLK is walking around now so proud of himself" I said, well actually a very bad person shot and killed him. DS's face turned bright red and he said "then when I am 9 and am allowed to have a gun, I'll shoot that bad guy!"

...and that ends our funny conversation because now we have to have the whole gun/no shooting - even bad guys talk.

:lol: Very cute. And so like my ds. He thinks his dad is a 'different color' well, because he is! Children are so literal. Dh has a very red skin tone...ds and I are more brownish. And oh, the black boy in piano? Ds refuses to concede the boy is black. 'Brown mom. Definitely brown. More brown than you, but brown. Black is much darker.' :tongue_smilie:

:lol: Very cute. And so like my ds. He thinks his dad is a 'different color' well, because he is! Children are so literal. Dh has a very red skin tone...ds and I are more brownish. And oh, the black boy in piano? Ds refuses to concede the boy is black. 'Brown mom. Definitely brown. More brown than you, but brown. Black is much darker.' :tongue_smilie:

:lol: Sometimes my son will say someone has brown skin too.

You are right, they are just thinking literally and literally, my husband has much darker skin than he does which makes sense when you think of it like that.